PDA

View Full Version : Heres a how to for installing SUNROOFS!

Dutchboy
06-24-2002, 10:03 PM
Wont let me post in the how to section so ill put it here then.

|||||||||Go to the links below to look at the pics i got from a mag that show you how to install a sunroof ....|||||||||

Page one of 2
http://www.geocities.com/a6inc/roof1.gif
Page 2 of 2
http://www.geocities.com/a6inc/roof2.gif

TO GET THEM TO FULLSIZE((( you should be able to read it clearly))) IF YOU DONT ALREADY THEN PUT MOUSE OVER PICTURE AND CLICK THE BOX THAT APPEARS IN THE BOTOM RIGHT CORNER!!!!1 WELL thats what i got to do at least....if it doesnt work let me know.

I followed most of it but i didnt remove the interior stuuf..but it got cut perfectly witht the jigsaw i used...

I used a jigsaw with a metal blade...works very good...other than that...use your judgment when doing this...once you drill the first hole theres no turning back!! :huh:
Ben

snapper
06-28-2002, 12:44 PM
The links aren't working.

Dutchboy
06-28-2002, 01:53 PM
try to copy and paste the link....I might have to move the pictures somewhere else...
I copied and pasted them and it worked again.
BEn

Shagen
07-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Hmm do it your self sun roof...sounds scary

Dutchboy
07-19-2002, 04:47 PM
Not scary...its easy..
if your scared to take a drill and saw to your car then it would be scary...
Cost me $40 for the whole thing.
Best thing ive done..car stays cooler and it looks good.

89AccordHatch
11-18-2002, 11:33 PM
id be afraid of istalling it crooked or off-center.

pmip
11-18-2002, 11:38 PM
That's awesome!

socal3rdgen
11-18-2002, 11:43 PM
he he i dont have to worry :flip:

RobT5580
11-19-2002, 04:01 PM
Its not bad just measure and re-measure b4 you cut and i laid down masking tape to draw the border and it was fine still no leaks. The only negative i had is that mine is electric and it only opens about half way. But still i like the look of it better than the pop up roofs. It looks as close to factory as you can get.

87Hybrid
11-19-2002, 06:21 PM
Good setup is the key to the instalation. I have been Installing them in my own cars for 15 years and even a few for freinds.

The one ib my civic.
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/albums/87hybrid/aah.sized.jpg

RobT5580
11-19-2002, 06:44 PM
Yeah that is how mine opens only halfway. The only difference is mine does not have any tabs on the glass it is a smooth sheet of glass with no fasteners showing on the top....I think my hardest part was the damn headligner because the visors were in the way...

SQ is the SQUAD
11-20-2002, 10:50 AM
mines looks just like that too except without the tabs like rob said. hondaman87 put it in for me, he siad it was his first time doing a sunroof and he did a pretty good job.

dosh8er
11-20-2002, 10:17 PM
i know this is slightly off topic but..

someone was talking about their ASC sunroof... and how they had that mystery position on the switch.. well they found out it was an auto close for when you turn the car off right?

Well, how the hell does that work? I mean, is there a timer in that circuit, or does the roof hit a switch? I know how to do the rest of it, but the part of knowing when to stop it is the only part i have difficulty understanding.

Enlighten me please.. I have plans..

Euro2.0ex
11-21-2002, 01:54 AM
I would be worried about leaks and rust. So seal it carefully.

uneek
11-24-2002, 08:46 PM
dosh8er i know this is slightly off topic but..

someone was talking about their ASC sunroof... and how they had that mystery position on the switch.. well they found out it was an auto close for when you turn the car off right?

Well, how the hell does that work? I mean, is there a timer in that circuit, or does the roof hit a switch? I know how to do the rest of it, but the part of knowing when to stop it is the only part i have difficulty understanding.

Enlighten me please.. I have plans..

I am intrested in that idea also...Please share the wealth