PDA

View Full Version : "Z MAX" as seen on TV

hondaaccord_86
06-24-2002, 10:36 PM
i was up late one night and saw an info show on Z MAX. Z MAX comes with 3 bottles, 1) for the engine 2) for the gas tank 3) for the transmission. it looked like something really cool. they said it regains HP in your car. it makes your car run cleaner, and gives you better gas mileage. i saw it in my local auto part store too.

has anyone seen this product before? does it work? regains HP? cleans the engine? better gas mileage...

???:huh:

Night Rida
06-24-2002, 11:29 PM
Hey man,
Dont buy that shit, do your research on it first, thats why you dont see it on TV anymore. It actually causes ball bearing corosion from what I read and its useless. If you want a good product for throttle body cleaning or fuel injection cleaning, go with the BG44K service, you can find some on ebay at times but Honda always offers this service. I was going to look into buying it, but not now!
Jay
Night Rida:badass:

YK86
06-25-2002, 01:08 AM
I asked about that stuff about 1 1/2 years ago on this board too. The response I got was it does help a bit of but not like how they say it will on TV. But I don't think anyone from back then is still with us. I was going to give it a try ($60 CAD) but never really got around to it. By the way, do we even have ball bearings in the engine and fuel system??

YK86
06-25-2002, 01:19 AM
I did a search on one of the other boards I visit and found this : http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.htm I guess the FTC is a government agency so it must be reliable?? (sorry, I live up in Canada so I'm not too sure). And I guess it was bearings as in main bearnings and not ball bearings.

POS carb
06-25-2002, 02:58 AM
ya, you definately don't want those to go bad!

Paul Aerodeck86
06-25-2002, 06:46 AM
What is Z MAX?

guaynabo89
06-25-2002, 07:00 AM
They are engine additives. Fuel injection cleaner, oil tratment. and tranny treatment.

All of which are supposed to clean, lubricate, and improve engine performance.

1988starter
06-25-2002, 07:27 AM
I tryed it and so did my friend joel it quited both of our engines down and gave us more power. Him more than me but I allready had a decently clean engine he also is now running valvoline max life in his car it his car seems to like that better 150,000 on the car.

Night Rida
06-25-2002, 08:55 AM
yah thats the article I read a while back before I bought the product! It was just bearings not ball bearings(I dont know what I was thinking?) But the government is tryng to shut it down now and I would not put the cheap shit in my baby! It might work for some and yah youll feel the difference but what about in the long run????? How will that affect your car then? That is why the gov't is trying to pull that shit out of the market! But if yall guys really want something that will work and is probably the best out there, then try BG44K! Look at the web site, http://www.bgprod.com/
Honda does this service as well!
Jay
Night Rida:badass:

toastyghost
06-25-2002, 09:18 AM
FTC stands for Federal Trade Commission. I know because they have been riding my manager who has been riding me about "mandatory disclosures" in teleservices. Stupid bastards. And no it's not reliable just because it's a facet of government, although it is probably a safe bet they've done enough research to find that it isn't dangerous. They're normally concerned with public safety; whether or not the shit works is a different story.

CARBurn
06-30-2002, 11:20 PM
I try not to believe any of those "late night ads." BTW has anyone given a try of that tornado thingy. On the commercial they supposed show a 20+hp on an Impala SS, but come on now that is an impala and it already was equipped with an K&N FIPK.

shepherd79
07-01-2002, 03:53 AM
well, as i say, if you never tried this product don't say anything.
i bought this shit a few weeks ago. well, they promiss increase in gas milege, BS. it is still the same.
So i am gonna get my money back. It does absolutly nothing for our engines.
My recomendation DON'T BUY IT. it is not worth it.

CARBurn
07-01-2002, 07:32 PM
Are you talking about Z Max or the tornado? Or both?

87DXHatch
07-01-2002, 08:52 PM
My local new station has some segment where they buy "Made for TV" products and tell the viewers the results.

They bought that tornado thing and had a shop install it on some SUV or something. Anyway, the results were like a .015 increase in HP, dynotested. The people at the shop were like, "This thing is worthless..."

bass
07-02-2002, 12:34 AM
I bought this stuff, foolishly, and then read about what crap it is. It is still unused in my room. Anybody want it?