PDA

View Full Version : new guy here!

Johnny b.
11-07-2003, 01:17 PM
hey guys im new to hondas and this site but i just picked up a 1989 lxi 2door 5speed for 1800.00 i was a little skeptical ..but after driving it a couple days ..this things a little rocket...so long story short i wanna fix it up...its got a lot of miles on it 150.000 and the cvc joints are clickin going around corners but it hauls,or atleast i think it does ..its white (faded) and has ugly hubcaps on it but its verry straight ..so, just wanted to say hey and let you know im up for all suggestions,help,advice on looks maintenance performance ,you want to give me ..also just so you know i know nothing about hondas iv always had a hopped up lowrider car/truck but need the gas milage now...and my stepdaughter drives a honda civic and talked me into this ..thanx in advance J.B.

ghost_ny
11-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the site. enjoy the site and your new, old car

NXRacer
11-07-2003, 02:04 PM
good choice! coupes RULE!!

Welcome to the site. there is a LOT of info on here about pretty much anything you need to know. Just search around first before you post a question.

150K isnt that many miles. As long as you take care of it it'll last you for another 150K. A basic tuneup will give your car more getupandgo and if you help it breath better (intake/header/exhaust) you'll notice a big difference in power.

Vinny
11-07-2003, 03:29 PM
welcome to the site, hope you enjoy your time here

Johnny b.
11-08-2003, 01:09 AM
hey thanx for the welcome im lookin forward to fixin my car up and getting to know you all ..im sure ill be askin some stupid questions but bare with me please..im going to do some searches before i ask and then ill check back thanx again for the welcome..later..jb

bambamky
11-22-2003, 06:18 PM
welcome to the board!
youll like it here lots of help and about the shafts!
I have 2 in good shape (no noises) I will sell pretty reasonable?

Bloodlust
11-22-2003, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the board. White couples rule!! I have one myself. Visit my cardomain site and see if you see anything you like.

Johnny b.
12-05-2003, 09:13 AM
bloodlust i love your car..its on my computer as wallpaper..i hope i can fix mine up that way...what spoiler is yours i like it and want to get one..