PDA

View Full Version : frost plug for engine heater?

johnwc723
11-07-2003, 02:01 PM
hey, i was wondering if anyone knows where the frost plug for our engines is (PGM-FI version) im looking at one on ebay here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46094&item=2441338959
and im hopin it will work! thanks guys

2old_honda
11-07-2003, 11:42 PM
i am interested in this also. let us know if anyone has one of these.

johnwc723
11-08-2003, 11:14 AM
come on guys *cry* see this might be kinda cool, you could set it up on a timer like 45min before you leave for work/school and then maybe your engine wont be cold so you wouldnt be cold and also you wouldnt damage your engine as much on those cold morning winter starts....

3G Jester
11-08-2003, 12:18 PM
this subject has been broguht up before in other threads. i dont know if it was the subject of the thread or if it was just what we digressed too...

from what i remeber there was a bunch of up north kids, ie: canajuh..and they said that engine heaters were awsome and that they loved them. some people said that they didnt have them but that they have never had a problem.
i guess you can go how you want. if you want a heater its great and wont be a waste of money..other wise you dont have to get one. think about how many people are on this board in cold weather and have never posted about 'engine not starting in the cold!"

johnwc723
11-09-2003, 10:59 PM
hmm well i just ordered one, but where the heck does it fit on the engine? i have never even heard of a frost plug (nor seen one) before i decided to look into this

Fritz the Cat
11-10-2003, 12:31 PM
Hey, I've got a block heater on my Ex-i, but the electrical cord had been chewed up in the fan or a belt, so ever since I bought the car it wasn't working. I finally fixed the cord about two weeks ago and started putting it on a timer a few hours before I go to work. The whole block is warm by then, and the car is ready to go in two or three minutes instead of seven or eight. Much better!

BTW, the plug is just under the distributor. I didn't put mine in, since it was there already, but I can see where it goes in. Sorry I don't have a digital camera to take a pic for ya.

johnwc723
11-10-2003, 01:46 PM
thanks!! thats exactly what i was looking for, now i know where abouts i can put that thing in, im excited to maybe be warm(ER) in the winter cause of this.. so a few hours is a good amount of time then to have it on?

Fritz the Cat
11-10-2003, 03:34 PM
I've just been experimenting with how long it takes. When it was just a few degrees below freezing and I left it on for four hours, the whole engine including stuff that didn't have the water jacket, was really warm. I tried it last night for two and a half hours and it was still plenty warm so I think at least two hours would be good. Maybe more if it's really cold where you live.

k-roy
11-10-2003, 03:38 PM
I wish I would have had one of those back in Ohio. Oh well, that place sucked.

johnwc723
11-10-2003, 09:20 PM
lol yeah it will be gettin pretty cold (-10 coldest) in wisconsin, this sounds really cool tho. i saw this thing at the place where i work (retail) thats supposed to be for christmas lights for $20.00 that allows you to turn on an outlet with a little remote, now that would be pretty freakin cool :) then i would just plug it in everytime im not drivin and just hit it about an hour or 2 before im thinking of goin anywhere! thanks for all your help guys!