PDA

View Full Version : to keep or not to keep that is the Question

Cheeseburger
11-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Is it worth fixing a 89 lx that has a salvage title. the interior is in excellent condition. it has about 149k on it. oh and there is a mysterious oil leak, I think that the seal from the oil pan. the front of the car needs to be fixed, needs a new bumper and some other parts. The air condition is missing some pipes and the car smells like oil when it gets warm. dose any one own a salvage car? the car runs great it goes pretty good and fast. It has some minor dents and it needs a new paint job. Every thing electrical works fine. What do you guys think should do with it. Should I keep it , sell it, fix it up. i need all of the advice that i can get from you guys :wave:

Mac
11-09-2003, 09:59 AM
I'm not sure that you can register a salvage titled car. If it's cheap enough it would make a good parts car.

Cheeseburger
11-09-2003, 10:00 AM
it is already registerd and has current plates

3G Jester
11-09-2003, 10:38 AM
is it worth the time and effort and money o fix it up? that statement is not made to sound like a seturrent. i just mean are you willing to spend a few weekends and a few bucks to fix her up? sounds good. i would be willing to put a couple hundred into that. a couple hundred is better then a few thousand

MilTownSHO
11-09-2003, 11:07 PM
I'd sell it personally...

cubert
11-10-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by MilTownSHO
I'd sell it personally... :werd:

zero.counter
11-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Sell it and be happy for you will look back on that day and be thankful.