PDA

View Full Version : headlight

Chadroper
11-10-2003, 06:21 AM
How much is the drivers side headlight going to cost. A ford truck threw a rock up and it busted the headlight and the metal part around it that opens and closes. So I need the whole part.

danronian
11-10-2003, 06:23 AM
Go to the junkyard and you should be able to pick one up for about 20 bucks. If the light that comes in the j/y unit doesnt work a headlight is about $12.

Chadroper
11-10-2003, 06:25 AM
But it would have to be painted to match the car. I need the motor and everything.

Dibbs
11-10-2003, 06:35 AM
The Motor too? That's one badass rock.

danronian
11-11-2003, 05:58 AM
You could just get some duplicolor at the parts store and it would look alright. It wont look any worse then the paint shops job would considering either way the paint isnt going to match perfectly. If what your asking is if Honda sells prepainted headlight, I really doubt. Just look real hard for a junkyard car with the same color paint as yours. I know in my j/y there is two 3gs with the same color paint as mine. Just make it so the motor is attaced to the headlight and say the whole thing is one part and the j/y will probably charge you less. And if that doesnt appeal to you, just stuff it in the bottom of your toolbox.

MrBen
11-11-2003, 02:04 PM
I really doubt you need a motor. If it bent the arm attaching to the motor you can bend it back. It is really easy to swap out headlight mechanisms. If you need help just ask, I know exactly what you are doing.