PDA

View Full Version : what does 6 flashes on ecu mean?

neoblue89lxi
11-10-2003, 09:36 AM
I have an 89 lxi and the ecu flashes 6 times. I think it has to do with the fuel sysytem since I just changed my filter. Please help thanks.

BootMachine
11-10-2003, 11:53 AM
engine coolant temp sensor

neoblue89lxi
11-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Would this failed sensor have anything to do with my cooling fan coming on at odd times like 2 hours after the car has been parked? Is it pretty easy to replace?

BootMachine
11-12-2003, 11:14 AM
no idea man...I own a prelude...I dont have the same car....just the same engine!

BootMachine
11-12-2003, 11:16 AM
wait a sec....it is easy...I know where it is...its on the thermo housing I THINK!

One bolt is comes out.....screw the new one it and hook it up

Good to go!

Vinny
11-12-2003, 12:00 PM
it is on the thermostat housing and it takes a 17mm deep socket to remove it I believe. And no its doesn't have anything to do with your fans. I beleive on the 88-89's there are 2 sensors for the fans, there is one in the bottom of the radiator and another in the thermostat housing but I'm not totally for sure on that one since I'm still waiting on my electrical service manual. I think thats the one that lets the fan run for so many minutes after the car shuts down if the temps above a certain point. Anyways back to the point. A bad Coolant temp sensor is more of an idling, stalling not starting type problem. HEres a link for ya to read

Intermittent Starting Problem & Irregular Idle...FIXED FIXED FIXED ! ! ! (http://www.hondapartx.com/troubleshooting/answers/id-10169.html)