PDA

View Full Version : Need help quick!!

tuner4life
11-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey i just got my Short Ram Intake for a 92-95 Civic and i really need help on how to install it. I can't take forever cuz at the moment my car is the only car my family has to drive. I have an 87 LX-I. Remember that it has four vaccum lines. All help as quick as possible will be appreaciated.

k-roy
11-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Search search search the night away

3G Jester
11-10-2003, 09:03 PM
seeeaaarrrrccchhhhhhh this has been posted before. sooo many times before. almost as many times as ive been with your mom......

but not that many ;)

zero.counter
11-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Start by removing the old airbox, then the old intake tube, then installing the new tube and clamping the intake end in, then putting the filter on the tube and attaching the sensors into their respective holes and verifying that you did not set off the check engine light. That was a short blow by.

k-roy
11-10-2003, 09:08 PM
If I remember correctly you will need to cut a few inches off of the filter end of the pipe so it will fit correctly inside the engine bay.

tuner4life
11-10-2003, 09:09 PM
Listen iv'e searched, searched and searched but the one i found was a step by step for a Del-Sol, how the hell does that help me?.

O and hey zero.counter
That is a way to take care of the hose coming from the top and the one on the right of the engine bay but theres two more.

tuner4life
11-10-2003, 09:11 PM
Yea and the cut i know about. I know pretty much all the prep except the two vaccume hoses that are coming from the black box on the left side of the engine bay.

zero.counter
11-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Sorry, the described method is for the 240. I have a carbed LX pertaining to this board, I tried.

Mad props for that yo!

BTW, I did say quick rundown meaning no specifics.

k-roy
11-10-2003, 09:20 PM
you could always get rid of some of those vacuum lines. Do a search for that

Justin86
11-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Can't get rid of the vacum lines. It is best if you drill two holes in the intake for the lines on the pasenger side. These really don't do much I don't have them hooked up on my intake. The other two lines on the driver side can not be blocked. On the original air box, drivers side there is a little connector for the two lines, take this off. Then keep it connected to the two lines and thats it. If you want to run another line from the little box to the intake you can but most people don't. And don't worry about the other guys and SEARCH cause this question has been answered maybe a few times. It took be a solid week to figure out what to do with the lines on the driver side. Nobody would help me out.

guaynabo89
11-11-2003, 08:05 PM
go to auto parts store where all the vacuum line ,caps, tees, and such are.

Find yourself a couple of tees and some vaccum lines and just tee the extra lines into the intake.

tuner4life
11-11-2003, 08:24 PM
hey guaynabo89 Thats a good idea im going to go to auto zone tomorrow and get that stuff then.

mjimenez
11-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Hi guys, to install the intake from a civic i had to cut the pipe more than 1 inch to fit in the space available, maybe this picture can help:

http://www.ticomerciantes.com/Honda/Accord86.jpg

Good luck!

Vinny
11-12-2003, 07:04 AM
EDITTTTTTTTTTt

tuner4life
11-12-2003, 07:27 AM
Hey mjimenez
That helps with the top part but what about the two vaccume hoses that came out of the black box in the top left (passenger) side of the engine compartment and the little box that is connected to the stock air box on the top right (driver) side.

Kevin
11-12-2003, 08:40 AM
Thats a ugly freakin intake-That little filter is pointless-Get a real intake-cold air

mjimenez
11-12-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by tuner4life
Hey mjimenez
That helps with the top part but what about the two vaccume hoses that came out of the black box in the top left (passenger) side of the engine compartment and the little box that is connected to the stock air box on the top right (driver) side.

In my case i just want to be sure those vacum hoses aren't from any sensor, in my case they're not so i just unplugged it and ready!

mjimenez
11-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Kevin
Thats a ugly freakin intake-That little filter is pointless-Get a real intake-cold air
Ok Kevin, i appreciate your point of view, i'm not saying i have the best cold intake system, i just was trying to help but donīt worry, my next mod is to move the air filter inside the bumper, at that time i will replace it with and K&N.

K&N is good? do you think there's another better?

tuner4life
11-17-2003, 02:29 PM
Allright guyz i installed the intake and all i did was went to ace hardware and bought two nipples and installed them into the Intake and pluged the hoses in and i was ready to go.