PDA

View Full Version : Carb Question

paulp032684
11-11-2003, 08:12 AM
alrite i am new to this site and i searched carbs and found nothing so my question is, What is the best carb to use on my 89 accord dx auto? i have seen weber carb all over this site but havent seen which one i visited the site and conversions only exist for up to like a 83 model i am wondering which one is the best ( model number here lol) and the pro's and con's.

if u have one personally i would like to know gas mileage and ur track times or dyno'd hp.

thanx alot

i am glad to own a 3g after owning lots of cars at my age i cant believe i like an old car but i do

any help appreciated

k-roy
11-11-2003, 08:29 AM
http://www.carbs.net has what you need.
You need the carb and an adapter plate witch they both carry. You should get the Weber 32/36 DGV. You will probably get around 25-30 mpg instead of 30-35. You will probably get a 15-20 hp gain with that carb and a header, witch is a good idea to add along with the carb. Keep searching man. You can find all you need to know.

paulp032684
11-11-2003, 08:42 AM
thanx alot man any other help would be greatly appreaciated

thanx alot to everyone that posts i am off got shit to do i check this tomorrow morn thanx alot

paulp032684
11-11-2003, 09:09 AM
lmfao ok i looked at ur link can u giv me a direct link to the one i need there is a 32/36 for standards and i have a auto can u provide a direct link

and other input would be nice like if this dude is right or wrong thanx for ur input

remember i am drunk treat me like a lil kid lmfao

wprocomp
11-11-2003, 10:21 AM
you can always remove your vaccum lines...that will give you a nice increse in power and throttle response...welcome to the board fellow SA person

k-roy
11-11-2003, 10:43 AM
Ok guys correct me if I am wrong here. I am going off my domestic experience.

The differance in carbs on an auto or manual tranny is the "auto kickdown lever". Basically when you floor the gas pedel a part of the linkage on the carb kicks down the tranny a gear through a cable. I do not think that there is the proper kickdown mechanism for your Honda. So if you want to use this carb you can. You will just have to do a little shifting of your own. Mostly from 4th to 3rd.

paulp032684
11-11-2003, 11:01 AM
hey sa member where u from where u cruz lol email me at [email protected] i live in poth um right south of floresville or bout 40 miles from military.

ok well thanx

so i should use the 32/36 dgv for a standard?

i am new to carb cars also the last car i owned was a 99 z24 and on a certain thread peeps dont believe my quarter times lol but if they were smart enuf to know u can change ur gears for quarter and top speed they might understand

ne ways email me s.a. person lol

or just reply here lol

nice to know someone from s.a. is on this forum

alrite will thanx for ur input alot plz giv a link to the exact carb i need thanx

Justin86
11-11-2003, 01:37 PM
Yea I don't know about the kick down. You might be able to use the honda throttle/kick down lever on the Webber.

A20A1
11-13-2003, 02:06 AM
You might not need a Kickdown linkage on the carb, since some of the accords connect the kickdown directly to the pedal. So first look to see if the cable from the trans goes to the carb or to the pedal.

If it goes to the carb then you need to drill another hole in the throttle linkage and you need to rig up an extra cable holder opposite the trottle cable holder, so that the trans cable is pulled when the throttle cable is pulled.

If you don't hook up the trans cable your car will shift to the next gear after is reaches between 1500 and 2500 rpm.
If you lock the trans cable in it's highest position then you'll always shift between 6,000 to 6,300rpm.
Or you can have fun and run a longer trans cable inside the car and tug the cable slightly by hand while you are driving and shift the car that way... but you have to be in D3 or D4 though.
Or you can get the pedal assembly from an accord with the trans kickdown cable on it.

Yes you use the 32/36 for the manual trans accord... the carb is the same. Its just that the kit doesn't include parts for an auto to easily hook up a Trans cable

paulp032684
11-13-2003, 04:19 AM
thanx guys i just made my bumber turn signals clear they look tight as hell

thanx for all the help and i will have pictures by the end of the year soon as i get my paint job

k-roy
11-13-2003, 07:13 AM
Thanks A20A1 for the clarification.

Screw clear bumper lenses, I have mine smoked.

asid_9
12-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Wprocomp. what is involved in removing the vaccum lines?
will it run right

A20A1
12-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Look in my sig in the colored links... and click on the "carb vacuum removal how-to"

wprocomp
12-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Wprocomp. what is involved in removing the vaccum lines?

its really easy if you have done tweaking with carbs before,actually hell its the easiest thing I have ever done...and its worht it...and I used A20's diagram too...its super easy to read and make sure and thank A20 for it,best free mod...