PDA

View Full Version : WTF Clutch/Tranny question need some help here

Vinny
11-11-2003, 04:04 PM
Ok alot of you know about the bastard hatch I bought that threw up all over itself on the way home from Orlando the day I bought it. Anyways the tranny had a cracked case and blah blah blah

OK heres where I need some serious answers from those of you who have clutch and tranny experience. I got a rebuilt tranny shipped in and had the clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and spring shipped in from Majestic. I got the car back and I'm having a hard time getting it to shift into any gear at times, other times it grinds going into gear. When it doesn't want to go into gear (sometimes when moving other times not) you can't double clutch it or anything you just have to hunt trough the gears until it decides to go in. Best part........ The clutch cables adjusted out as far as it will go, I even ordered a new cable and put it in, still no help.

After installing a new clutch and pressure plate and all how much adjustment should there be, since I have none. Oh 1 other thing, it has a whine to it, someone said it could be a throw out bearing. It was trhere before the tranny went and its there now

HELP

NXRacer
11-11-2003, 04:22 PM
did you try adjusting the cable the other way. I remember having a hell of a time figuring out which was is "out". from the way it sounds, its almost like your 'new' tranny is a lemon.

Vinny
11-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Its been adjusted both ways, Like I said it doesn't seem like a tranny as much as a clutch. Like I also said the main thing I wonder is how of a difference is there in the cable adjustment from the old clutch to the new clutch. It just seems odd that its at the same adjustment pooint with the new clutch as with the old one

Gregg86DX
11-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Definitely sounds like the Pressure plate is not fully disengaging. You could try jacking the front of the car up and let the front wheels spin freely, then start the car and see if the wheels spin even with the clutch all the way in (while in gear).

AZmike
11-11-2003, 08:36 PM
It sounds like Greg might be right about the pressure plate. Does in whine in all gears, or just a few specific ones?

Vinny
11-11-2003, 08:38 PM
seems like its in all gears Mike, it was doing that before the tranny went bye bye. Thats why I'm at a loss. Starting to wonder if they even changed anything other than the tranny

Vinny
11-12-2003, 05:09 AM
bump