PDA

View Full Version : Installing coilovers

kicker1_solo
11-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Anyone have a how-to on this? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I'm hoping to do it probably friday so I can have it slammed by the meet on Saturday. Thanx :)

k-roy
11-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Damn there is a howto, I am positive

kicker1_solo
11-12-2003, 06:56 PM
looked, haven't found anything

anyone?

k-roy
11-12-2003, 06:58 PM
www.pauldesign.ru
Get the manual, its free

goldyaccord
11-12-2003, 08:00 PM
On a Stock suspension?

Unbolt the top strut rod nut..

Jack up the car....

use another Jack to suppor the LCA and strut fork. unbolt the lower fork bolt that slides into the LCA.

Lower the Jack supporting the LCA/Fork.

unbolt the Brake lines.

Take out the Strut/springs.

put on the Coilovers and adjust to halfway or lower.

bolt everything back up.

as you lower the car. make sure the strut rod aligns up with the strut perch hole...

put on the top rod nut back on an tighten.

if you wish to adjust the coilovers after that, Just raise the car and adjust if the spring is decomressed.

Viola!

Justin86
11-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Well goldy said it all. For tools you need a lift of some sort, 17mm socket, 17mm wrench, 14mm socket, 12mm socket, a hammer for the stubborn pinch fork bolt, and of cousre some bolt loosening stuff. You can do it with out taking off the wheels but it is MUCH easier to do it with the wheels off.
Also forgot you need an alley key to take the spring off the strut.

NXRacer
11-13-2003, 12:05 PM
dont screw around trying to get the springs out with a spring compressor. cut the fuckers out! :D

i bet that in a couple weeks you'll want the springs back. coilovers SUCK ASS. which ones did you get?

Justin86
11-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Hey got the Titanium coilovers. The nicer version of the dropzones. If you have a spring compressor use it. Otherwise don't lean your head over the spring when you are taking it off cause that shit goes flying and make sure you are in a area where you won't loose the flying parts. :)

bobafett
11-13-2003, 12:19 PM
dude just rent a spring compressor. i bought one and dont regret it.

joshs instructions pretty much cover it. i am prolly gonna drop my car down to show off for hte meet :)

kicker1_solo
11-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Cool, thanx for all the help. I'm hoping to have these on for the meet, but we'll see what happens.