PDA

View Full Version : Some New Motor Mounts and NOW......

NeubJ
11-11-2003, 07:30 PM
I have changed 3 motor mounts just the other day. They were pretty bad. Front,back and side. (the torque mount or whatever its called was replaced awhile ago-so only one that didnt get replaced was the one under the car)

Before I changed them I noticed a hard jerk after slowing down from around 25mph therefore it didnt really bother me that much since this is the only time it did it. BTW I have an AT.

NOW...
You know how when you floor the pedal but then immediately let go well it jerks hard each time I do this--the exact sound and jerk as I mentioned above ---and it never did this when i slammed on the gas and let go only before the new mounts.

So would the lower mount I didnt replace cause this ?

Is this mount called the transaxle mount or is this mount for manuals only? (reading haynes manual about this mount)

And do the new mounts need some time to break in? (since the old front and rear were shorter than the new ones from being so old and cracked)

AZmike
11-11-2003, 08:33 PM
The Honda manual has a very specific sequance for tightening the motor mounts when instaling the engine. Did the Haynes manual have similar information?

k-roy
11-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Hmm, I agree with AZmike here.
Installing new mounts properly should instantly fix the problem.

86_lx-i_hgreenIII
11-12-2003, 07:33 AM
i am having the exact same problem i figured that is was a mount near the trans ( i just got an engine put in mine) i am going to go around the car and tighten all the mount bolts to see if any thing would change

NeubJ
11-12-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by AZmike
The Honda manual has a very specific sequance for tightening the motor mounts when instaling the engine. Did the Haynes manual have similar information?

Nope the Haynes manual is not very detailed. They made it look easy as 1..2..3.
What is the correct sequence ? (dont want to spend money on a honda manual at the moment)

k-roy
11-12-2003, 09:34 AM
No need to spend money on a Honda Manual.
www.pauldesign.ru

AZmike
11-12-2003, 10:03 AM
The information is in the engine removal and installation section. My manual is loaned out right now so I can't write a quick list.

NeubJ
11-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys for the link and info. I willl try this sequence out.
Hopefully that is the problem.