PDA

View Full Version : call to all that have reupholstered seats!!

89accord_lxi_coupe
11-12-2003, 06:18 AM
ok, i had mentioned a while back that i wanted to reupholster my seats and probably do some painting on my interior. i've heard a lot of good about krylon fusion. the seats are something i need help on. at this time i can't take off the upholstery that is on my seats, i gotta use my car everyday. i wanted to know if anyone who has redone their seats still has the measurements for the pieces that they sewed together. i know you need to allow for a little extra for stretch. i would like to put the little plastic tubing on the trim of the seats to give it a nice accent to the new colors. i would like to have a grey(silver) and yellow two-tone going. i may get 3GEEZ put in the headrests. what fabric do you reccomend using, since this is an automotive application, rather than a sofa or something. I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me. no i'm not going to a junkyard just to pull seats, that would get expensive.

quick side note: does testors paint work well for the exterior trim? i have a small can of it at the house.

k-roy
11-12-2003, 06:36 AM
I had a similar thread a while back:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24821&highlight=seatcovers
Check out pearldrop's interior painting, its top notch.

89accord_lxi_coupe
11-12-2003, 06:49 AM
thanks for the thread link kroy. did you get your seats started, if so how are they coming along?

Dibbs
11-12-2003, 08:44 AM
If ya need any help, gimmie a PM.

k-roy
11-12-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by 89accord_lxi_coupe
thanks for the thread link kroy. did you get your seats started, if so how are they coming along?

I have not done anything yet. I have decided to get Prelude seats and recover them along with the back seat.

guaynabo89
11-13-2003, 10:28 PM
i would like to have a grey(silver) and yellow two-tone going.

That color combination will not flow very well IMHO.

i'm not going to a junkyard just to pull seats, that would get expensive.

If you want this to look good your going to have to pay and its not going to be cheap. Auto upholstery is not something that you can do at home. I have an automotive sewing machine at my disposal plus have experience doing it and I still payed someone to do mine.

You get waht you pay for so before you go off spray painting and trying to take your seats apart take a second and think about it.:sadwave:

Elijah
11-13-2003, 10:36 PM
All's I got to say is:stupid: J/K

89accord_lxi_coupe
11-14-2003, 06:52 AM
what about the dyes that are out. how well do they work? i agree the color combo wouldn't be quite right after i tried to picture it. what are some good combos that don't look like crap. should i use a blue since my car is the stock blue-green?

HondaBoy
11-15-2003, 12:21 AM
so, are you doing your seats in vinal or leather? i hear ya on not wanting to take your car apart cuz its a daily driver. and the tube accents are called piping(what the rich people call it) hehe.