PDA

View Full Version : a few question's

accordlxi2.0
11-12-2003, 07:20 AM
i have some question's, hopefully yall can help? what am i talking about . . yall alway's help me.
i wanna change the motor mount on my lxi.
i think the back is no good.
cause when the rpm's are a little down and the engine is still cold,it vibrate's until it warm's ,but the vibe's go away a little bit more.
so i wanna change the back one. so if i take of the back mount will the engine drop? or do i have to place something under the pan so it won't go down.
also i had put an alarm on and there was a connection for the dome light to turn on. i called the company 4 assitance and the dumb ass tech told me the wrong connection. so in order for it to turn on the connector from the alarm is a negative output.
so which do i connect it to for the dome light to turn on?
tank's yall.:D

accordlxi2.0
11-13-2003, 02:13 PM
can anyone help me.

k-roy
11-13-2003, 02:16 PM
not around here

NXRacer
11-13-2003, 02:19 PM
i've never changed motor mounts so i couldnt tell you for sure if the engine will drop, but i've got a good idea that you'll want to support the engine when you change out a mount.

cant even guess about your alarm problem. sorry homey.

shepherd79
11-13-2003, 02:28 PM
if you going to change the rear bottom one, you have to jack up the motor from the back. it is very easy to do.

accordlxi2.0
11-13-2003, 07:46 PM
so i just put something on the bottom of the oil pan like a piece of wood in between the jack postion the jack so when i loosen the mount's the engine won't drop?
i figured out my alarm problem and i know which to connect now.
i explored with it one day so i don't fuck up anything with my alarm.
thank's any way.

section-8
11-14-2003, 01:25 PM
try not to use the oil pan, as they have a tendency to become weak after a few years. Use a 2x4 and find a decently stable area on the base of the motor/tranny.