PDA

View Full Version : Carb VS EFI

Flipupheadlightdude
11-12-2003, 10:10 AM
Which is faster, an EFI accord, or a carbed? Which has more potential?

NXRacer
11-12-2003, 11:00 AM
depends on how much money you want to spend. The EFI comes with more HP stock. You can get carb upgrades (dual side drafts etc) or you can go with turbo on either one with Seans turbo kit (look in my sig for details).

What are you looking to do with your car in the long run?

Bloodlust
11-12-2003, 12:00 PM
IMO EFI has more potential. But then again, I dont know much about carbed cars.

Rendon LX-i
11-12-2003, 12:45 PM
EFI. like mike said its more potential. Plus more horse power stock. Just my openion.

DeathRat
11-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Flipupheadlightdude
Which is faster, an EFI accord, or a carbed? Which has more potential?
Define "FASTER"? Stock - wise? Or if you mean "suped up", well then that's a whole different ball game then. As for "Potential" that depends on the old $$$ in your wallet!:tongue: I perfer Carbs due to less that can go wrong with them. Electronic Fuel Injection can give you nightmares when it goes wrong. Carbs being mechanical in nature, are usually easier to fix as you've only got a finite number of things that can go wrong with them.

k-roy
11-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Weber DCOE's rule hardcore.
They have won thousands upon thousands upon thousands of races.

I once saw a Mustang with 4 DCOE's run a 10.2 N/A 1/4 mile.

MIK3
11-12-2003, 06:05 PM
I have only experienced carbed, so I wouldn't know much about EFI. All I know is that life will be a little more easier with EFI, if it is not problematic. Stock EFI comes with about 22 more hp, but is less fuel effecient, if I am not mistaken. You need to ask more questions man. More precise questions will give you more precise answers grasshopper.

k-roy
11-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Good point mik3.
If the stock carb flowed more fuel and had the higher compression like the efi it would have more similar power numbers. The only main advantage of efi is emissions. Carbs make no less power than a equal pgmfi setup.

MIK3
11-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Bah. Almost forgot about that stupid thing. Yeah. Welcome to the world of emissions if you want to invest in carburetion. And potential wise. Well, both cars have potential, that is not an issue. The issue there is money.

POS carb
11-17-2003, 10:49 AM
carbed is a much better choice unless you have a fully programmable EFI, otherwise you need to burn a new chip for each mod