PDA

View Full Version : Cold Morning Problems

Imran
11-12-2003, 01:02 PM
During winters when its a little cold.. and I start my car it takes about 30 minutes to warm up. It starts with blue smoke coming out of the exhaust for about 10 minutes it then changes to black smoke for the rest of the 20 minutes and all this time the smells bad and there is a lot of smoke, also the whole car is shaking like crazy. if i try to drive it then the revs go down and the car shuts off.. i have to push down on the gas and then start it.. once the engine has warmed up and the temp. gauge is half then i think the computer kicks in and it takes the revs upto 2500 to 3000 and at that time i loose patience and put it to drive.. also once it is warmed up there is no smoke and everything is fine.

I have to take it to an empty parking lot for this drill every morning..

Is there any way to get rid of this problem.....
thanx alot
Imran

mowery
11-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Those symptoms are all indicative of choke problems. I replaced my choke heater and choke unloader diaphram last winter, and my car no longer has those kind of warm up problems.

There are numerous threads on here involving both the choke heater and choke unloader/opener systems. Just do a search using those phrases.

Be sure everthing else is good too: Tune up parts, filters, no vacuum leaks, etc.