PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

section-8
11-12-2003, 01:30 PM
hey everybody...lemme introduce myself...
I am a former performance shop owner and import performance fan. 29 yrs. old love walks on the beach:wtf: wait wrong forums...
Anyway, I am picking up an 86 accord sedan, so figured this owuld be the place to reap untold knowledge of that car...I used to have a 5th gen civic, so I'm familiar with most swap issues and all brands, tuning issues, etc. involved with tuning our compacts...but I'm very unfamiliar with the 3rd gen accord...none of my customers ever brought one in...so here I am, and off we go.:wave:

Dibbs
11-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Cool! Welcome aboard Bro!

k-roy
11-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the world of little aftermarket support. Be perpared to do some bastardazations in the name of performance.

section-8
11-12-2003, 01:41 PM
not a problem...at my shop, we specialized in fabricting hard to find parts, so I've got that covered...custom turbos, seat brackets, intakes, exhausts, lighting, body molding, and all kinds of cutting and pasting...I used to have a 97 Hyundai Tiburon as the shop car, so little aftermarket support was a daily occurence for me...we just had to find a way around it.

thanks for the welcomes.

Vinny
11-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy the accord

NXRacer
11-12-2003, 04:32 PM
If you're up to providing custom/hard to find parts, you might have hit the motherload here. Sounds like you're very knowledgeable and it'll be nice to use your knowledge. We have a turbo project in the works about ready to ship (Sean is doing all the R&D). Maybe you could check out his work and see what you think. We're always welcome to input on how to better the performance in our car.

Welcome to the board!

DeathRat
11-12-2003, 05:05 PM
Nice to see another Performance Mod Nut around here! Welcome to the club.:super:

Cyric_accord
11-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Hey guy, welcome!

oh, and where in wisconsin do you live?

section-8
11-12-2003, 06:34 PM
thank you, thank you...

I'd be very interested in hearing about this turbo project...is it almost finished...are you using off the shelf parts, or fabbing them?

Dibbs
11-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Just do a search un Turbo and Sean. You'll find more than you can handle.

zero.counter
11-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Nice to meet you. Welcome to the board.

Be sure to visit the rules section and utilize the search finction to its fullest.

section-8
11-12-2003, 09:55 PM
always do use the search...I'm a mod on another board, so I have to give the speach too...thanks boss:super:

k-roy
11-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by section-8
always do use the search...I'm a mod on another board, so I have to give the speach too...thanks boss:super:

Excelent.
What board?

Elijah
11-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Welcome to hell J/K

NXRacer
11-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by section-8
thank you, thank you...

I'd be very interested in hearing about this turbo project...is it almost finished...are you using off the shelf parts, or fabbing them?

well as you'll find out (if you havent already) there are next to nothing available as far as off the shelf performance goes for our cars. Sean has done an awesome job of R&D work for custom parts for the a20. Theres a good couple days reading just in seans posts about various things he's come up with.

section-8
11-13-2003, 10:47 PM
www.hyundaiperformance.com
as you can see, I'm used to being the underdog.

I'm set to pick up the accord next weekend, so then I can get my hands dirty again. Lucky day.