PDA

View Full Version : those darn flip up lights.......

Jubei415
06-25-2002, 02:01 PM
can any of you help this poor electrician-n00b with a wee question ?

my left headlight always does 2 flips (goes up, goes back down, goes up again) when i turn them on, the right one just goes up.
anyone know why it does this? it does it everytime.

also i was thinkin, is there a way i can make a switch so i can make one light go down by itself then come back up at any time i want ?
I read somewhere before that you can make the lights blink, but i dont know where that was.

:sadwave:

FrankGSR
06-26-2002, 08:25 AM
lol a winking accord ;) ;)

HostileJava
06-26-2002, 10:22 AM
I actually think it would be pretty neat if mine did that. But it would bother me that I don't know why it was doing that.

Jubei415
06-26-2002, 12:51 PM
So i take it no one has ever heard of this problem ?

carbed86lx
06-26-2002, 09:04 PM
Ive heard of that before it happened to someone elses car its caused by a little stop in the headlight flip up part missing. when the headlight motor turns on the headlight doesnt stop like the other one that does , the motor keeps going around making the headlight wink. the guy that had the problem stacked up some washers on a bolt or something were the stop used to be. take a look at your other headlight the doesnt wink. you could probably go to the junk yard and pick one of another 3rd gen. hope this helps.

Nate:pimp:

Jubei415
06-27-2002, 04:20 AM
thanks guys. ill check it out. :)

My 89 Accord Lxi
07-06-2002, 09:33 PM
i had a similar problem when i first got my accord the lights were always up then i found out how to get them down and only one went down cuz my headlight is dented i kicked the shit out of it one day and it worked agian then a month later it got so that the left light would go up go down then up again and one day it got stuck going down and it killed my battery cuz all night the motor for the light was trying to move it it maybe a problem with the motor

Micah 89LXi
07-08-2002, 01:57 PM
u can make ur accord blink i do it all the time..it freaks other cars out....i blink at other accords....i have an 89 LXI so i dunno if the switch is in the same position or if there is one...but u know the switch next to the rear defroster that has headlight on it...it keeps them flipped up even when u turn them off for winter or something...well just barely push it and they will blink..its crazy...its a locking switch so dont push it hard enough to lock and it will open and close them ...its a neat trick i do all the time..thought everyone knew about it

as for winking...u got me...i know if u hit that switch enough they get out of synch and wink.

Jubei415
07-08-2002, 08:03 PM
LOL, i think i gonna figure this out and then make a switch and then be able to blink one of them on command. hehe w00t.

n0b0dy
07-10-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Jubei415
LOL, i think i gonna figure this out and then make a switch and then be able to blink one of them on command. hehe w00t. I think thatll pick up the chicks ;)

Shagen
07-19-2002, 03:28 PM
That sounds dope I think I will be blinking at cars now, but isnt it hard on the mmotors?

jigga225
07-19-2002, 06:00 PM
Keep doin that and burn out your damn motors.

Give 'em a break theyre already 13+ years old.

OK OK our cars have the smoothest and tightest flip headlights out there....... So leave them alone to make sure they keep workin correctly.

Dont flip your headlights and waste your motors on them broads, just lean out the window and tell them to come here. They always come 4me

3G Jester
10-03-2002, 09:53 AM
hahahaha this thread is so old i dont know if ne one will check this or read it---but i got my head lights to wink---i had to put in a second switch to do so but i can wink--and i can still blink--as for your one deliquent light--its probably a burned out fuse---in the main fuse box under ur hood--theres one for the motors....either that or ur motor is dead--or a wire got cut......

1989se-i
10-03-2002, 10:35 AM
*gasp* My head lights wink.... theres an old thread around here sumwhere.... Yes, the chicks dig it, and its creepy/cool

Neuspeed87lx
10-03-2002, 10:39 AM
you should put a whistle in your car so when there are some girls near your car you can make your car wink at them and whistle

Thorny88Lx
10-03-2002, 12:25 PM
When I got sandwitched by a corolla and a 66 mustang, after I had fixed it, my light did the same thing, come to find out the little piece on the ball bearing was not on right...Hope this might help you

3G Jester
10-03-2002, 04:15 PM
i think people are getting this convused---both the lights go up together---thats more of a blink------but one at a time is a wink...lol....one stays up and u have another switch to make that one go up and down.....lol i did it