PDA

View Full Version : clock removal

zchb9
11-13-2003, 04:38 AM
Is there any way to get to the clock without taking the whole dash apart? I took the cover off and unscrewed the screws but it wouldn't come out I really don't want to take off dash but will. How much do new clocks cost I can't imagine they would be to much.

Mac
11-13-2003, 06:56 AM
It should just pull out. The wiring might be stuck inside so you might have to work it around to get it loose. At Honda the clock goes for about $150. Alot cheaper at the junk yard.

zchb9
11-13-2003, 06:52 PM
damn i was looking 10-15$ i think ill wear a watch if the junkyard doesn't have one.

blazin3gen
11-13-2003, 07:49 PM
ha no way go to the junkyard and put it in your pocket! i have done that many times! and yea the clock just comes out u dont need to remove the dash

Vinny
11-14-2003, 05:33 AM
ther ears where the srcew holes are are almost the exact same size as the hole for the clock so after you take the 2 crews out you may have to wigle it side to side to get it out. J/Y is definitely the best bet for another clock I think I have a spare or 2 I got that way

BMS
11-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Tip: When at the junkyard, anything that fits in your pocket is free.

OptimusPrimeSr
12-31-2007, 03:26 AM
I used a long thin flat head screw driver to keep the vinyl edges from catching on the clock. I was a pain, but it was starting to get dark out so that may have contributed to the difficulty. I really need a shop lamp ... and a garage!?!?!

forrest89sei
12-31-2007, 09:29 AM
I used a long thin flat head screw driver to keep the vinyl edges from catching on the clock. I was a pain, but it was starting to get dark out so that may have contributed to the difficulty. I really need a shop lamp ... and a garage!?!?!

LOL you bumped a thread from 2003 .....

itzdave
12-31-2007, 09:46 AM
damn noobs...

Civic Accord Honda
12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
lololol

lostforawhile
12-31-2007, 12:05 PM
i got rid of mine permanently. put in a different clock in the center console. and put in a volt meter and oil pressure gauge. the factory clock is crap anyway.

itzdave
12-31-2007, 12:42 PM
ha! i never had a working clock. dunno how to fix, not do i even care to.

lostforawhile
12-31-2007, 01:57 PM
ha! i never had a working clock. dunno how to fix, not do i even care to.
it's a good spot for two gauges,if you want ot get rid of the clock permantly, once you remove it, theres a big hard plastic piece behind the dash, i just removed it with side cutters in pieces, then i had plenty of room for the gauges.

itzdave
12-31-2007, 02:29 PM
it's a good spot for two gauges,if you want ot get rid of the clock permantly, once you remove it, theres a big hard plastic piece behind the dash, i just removed it with side cutters in pieces, then i had plenty of room for the gauges.

hmm... sounds like a good idea for when i do that B20 turbo.:cheers:

MessyHonda
12-31-2007, 11:26 PM
i got rid of mine permanently. put in a different clock in the center console. and put in a volt meter and oil pressure gauge. the factory clock is crap anyway.

i never had a problem with mine besides that it resets its self when i disconnect the batt

OptimusPrimeSr
01-01-2008, 07:50 AM
yeah sorry. sometimes when I'm searching on something specific, I forget to check the timestamps and then chime in with useless banter to feel important.

2oodoor
01-01-2008, 08:01 AM
i never had a problem with mine besides that it resets its self when i disconnect the batt

me either, these clocks are good clocks IMO. and yes, I just realized both of mine have done that reset thing, how the hell ? its not satelite, 802.11, bluetooth, or PCT so how??? may it has internal battery, cuz I think after a few weeks it wont reset.
Check the fuse if the clock doesnt work, and slide the front over the clock set it.

OptimusPrimeSR never worry about bumping old threads, people just like to tease about it, as long as the topic pertains, all is good. But yes, note the date year and make mention the bumpage in the post so they may not tease as much.. :wave:

lostforawhile
01-01-2008, 09:15 AM
i wonder if the early clock was made by a different vendor? then the problem was corrected. all the clocks i've seen never work.

fogged
01-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Hell being that im here. I used to goto pick n pull alot till one of my boys told me that the guys over at MoKan Autosalvage (a local import J/Y) are 3g nuts. If the boss is not around theyll just let you go on by and not charge you for the parts you got. Those guys can spot 3g parts a mile out.