PDA

View Full Version : Can the 4AGZE supercharger fit the B20A?

AccordSi
11-13-2003, 06:12 AM
Hi guys....I found this supercharger of the 1992 Corolla and I was wondering if it could be worked up on the B20A. I have a spare B20A (black top) sitting in my garage....I was just thinking about making a project that delivers crazy performance and can still be daily driven. I was thinking about mounting it where the A/C compressor fits if I get enough clearance. I still have my old B20A engine (the valve seals are shot) but I just wanted to build up this other engine too.
What do you think...will it work? I know Honda engines face an opposite direction to most other Japanese engines, will this be a problem too.

k-roy
11-13-2003, 07:07 AM
I got a question, was the B20A originally in your car? If so America got hella shafted by offering it to a small Island right next to us. We never had the option even though we have our own plant.

Almost anything can work if you have the time, patience and money. Do you have any pics of the supercharger?

RobT5580
11-13-2003, 07:18 AM
Im not sure on what type of supercharger it is but most of them need to be mounted in place of the intake manifold. But there are some like the vortec that are different. Im sure it could be modified but its all about bow much it needs to be modified and how much. Otherwise turbo is a better option although it can be costly it definatly produces the power.

AccordSi
11-13-2003, 08:34 AM
LOL...done here in the islands we get a lot of Jap stuff. The JDM B20A comes straight to here via container or even original cars. Hey, every other car on the roads run Skyline engines and rotaries and huge turbo engines. It's a lot of street creds, with islanders trying to show their worth when compared to the US adn Australia. Hell, my car is wayyyy slow compared to a lot of other "old model" rides.

Guys, I got pics of the supercharger...how do I post up them up?

PortugalFocus
11-13-2003, 08:50 AM
get some pictures of the supercharger here......... like kroy said with time, patience and enough money, it can always work..........

Justin86
11-13-2003, 08:59 AM
Take some measurments and see if there is room for it.

k-roy
11-13-2003, 09:01 AM
Hey AccordSi I can host them for you, check your private message inbox.

PhydeauX
11-13-2003, 10:21 AM
Don't the honda engines rotat in the opposite direction of the toyota engines? or am I just loosing it. The sc-12 (4agze blower) is just a standard roots blower, I guess you can run it backwards, not sure though. Its going to be on the small side for a b20. Its most 4agzer's dream to mount the larger sc-14 on their motor, or like I 'm doing swap it for a turbo. Gearing it up to spin fast enough to make decent boost is going to take it out of it efficency range rather low in the revs, then you're just pumping heat. Spin it too fast and the teflon coating on the rotors will melt. I'd suggest getting a blower off from one of those supercharged gm v6's. They use screw type imperllers so they are much more efficient and displace more so you wont have to spin them as fast.

andy

k-roy
11-13-2003, 10:23 AM
You make a few good points PhydeauX.
But he allready has the blower and probably does not want to spend a lot of $$$$. It does not appear to be a roots type though. As for the rotation ours go counter clockwise. If the Toyota does as well he can mount it where the A/C is located. If it is a clockwise motor he could always flip it around to the very front right of the engine bay if he can manage to squeeze it in. He will need custom bent air tubes either way and a custom bracket. Also an intercooler would be a good idea too.

Here are the pics he sent me.
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/DSCN0005-trac.jpg
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/DSCN0006-trac.jpg

PhydeauX
11-13-2003, 06:03 PM
I still think its too small to do any good on a 2l. Thats a jdm one so he could problaby get a few hundered for it on ebay.

andy

AccordSi
11-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Yeah Phydeaux I hear what you're saying, My mechanic explained the same thing to me, that I'd just be pushing heat. I was just hoping that 1800cc's versus 2000cc's wouldn't have been that big a difference, but he explained that the compression ratio of the naturally aspirated vehicle didn't need the extra heat. It made sense, exactly like Phydeaux explained. Thanks anyway guys.

Oh well, it's for sale now I guess.

PhydeauX
11-13-2003, 09:04 PM
The 4agze is only 1600cc, and the blower is only putting out 8~9psi on that. You can over drive them to a little above 12 but thats about it. And yeah, you'd definitely have to loose those 11:1 pistons. If you really want it, start thinking turbo, along with new pistons and a shorter duration on the exhaust cam.

andy

shepherd79
11-14-2003, 04:07 AM
hey AccordSi, if you want to sell this blower i may buy it from you.

AccordSi
11-14-2003, 05:16 AM
Hey Sheperd79, pm me with a cost....we'l talk.