PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Hoods

crwa
11-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Well as some of us know, carbon fiber hoods are available and can be purchased from 3 different sources now.

One of these sources is a company called Aitracing.com. I called them today and the hoods themselves are 4350 and they take a week to be manufactured. The shipping is another $150 to anywhere in the U.S.

I just though I'd let people know the price so they can comapre this to the two other prices of the hoods.

Bloodlust
11-13-2003, 03:04 PM
They actually cost $4,350?????

bboipinoy112
11-13-2003, 04:20 PM
uhmm no its not 4350 ... check this link (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22728&highlight=Aitracing.com)

crwa
11-13-2003, 05:31 PM
No, sorry $350... I didn't press shift long enough...

kicker1_solo
11-13-2003, 07:13 PM
So $500 shipped? ouch

Mike89Accordcom
11-14-2003, 12:01 AM
WASTE OF MONEY!

"Hey did you get in an accident, and get a new hood, but it's not painted yet"?

shepherd79
11-14-2003, 04:27 AM
did you check the ebay. they had cheaper.

Chadroper
11-16-2003, 02:49 PM
How much weight would it save.

zero.counter
11-16-2003, 02:58 PM
20+lbs.

Rip off for that hood though...imo.

wprocomp
11-16-2003, 04:21 PM
thats weird I can get them $340 shipped:confused:

zero.counter
11-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by wprocomp
thats weird I can get them $340 shipped:confused:
Where the fuck at?

kicker1_solo
11-16-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by wprocomp
thats weird I can get them $340 shipped:confused: Tell me where, I'll buy one at the end of this week if that's true.

wprocomp
11-16-2003, 04:47 PM
ok well if there is enough intrest I will set up a group buy and get them even cheaper,but I am not real sure how many I will have to buy...I will let you know tomorrow

kicker1_solo
11-16-2003, 05:05 PM
Well shoot, if you can get them cheaper than $340, mark me down for one for sure. And I'm sure we can get 10 people in on this.

AccordEpicenter
11-16-2003, 06:24 PM
im in if you can get them cheap

crwa
11-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Where can you get them for $340 shipped??? Let me know, cause I don't care about a group buy, I want to get one soon so let those of us who want them know now...

Justin86
11-16-2003, 11:53 PM
Damn that is pretty cheap.

wprocomp
11-17-2003, 03:18 PM
ok i called my freind and he said that they changed there shipping company but its now $360 shipped,thats still cheap...thing is thats shipped here to san antonio...if someone else wanted one it wouldnt be that much different...I will see how much it cost to ship them ok...heres the lowdown on the quality

grade B hood(not perfect but better than C grade)
they DO have rolled edges
clearcoat and high gloss gel coat for longer shine
full underside bracing
and if there was a group buy of 15 they will think about trunklids too,MAYBE

kicker1_solo
11-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Where do I order?

crwa
11-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Whats is grade b cf??? And what is the down side, and how do we get ahold of you friend to order???

wprocomp
11-19-2003, 10:00 AM
well i would be the one ordering them and shipping them since my freind dosent ship thourgh the U.S. ,he would also have to charge more to make a profit off of them...and they did say it would take 1 to 2 weeks to make the hood...and the gradeing system is how finely made the cf material is and the quality of the fit too

crwa
11-19-2003, 03:14 PM
Ok... so how much are they really??? Don't say they are $340, then $360, and then say he wants to make a profit, how much are they from his manufacturing point to the buyers front door? And, what, there is no guarantee that it will line up right? WTF, I'm not gonna buy one from your friend if it won't line up right and if the cf isn't as good as it could be, F' that I'll just buy one for more and have a guarantee that it will fit and that it won't fall apart when i hit the freeway...

wprocomp
11-19-2003, 08:41 PM
no fitment isnt a problem..actually I was talking to him today and he just got one for a teg and he said that it fit very nicely...and when i said the profit part,THATS if you bought them from him...see that price is only if its shipped to SAN ANTONIO! thats why i said I would buy them and then i would ship them to you...this is local speed shop that I am talking about,not a big marketing company...and if you did buy the one direct from AIT it would be the same thing,this is coming from the same place man...not some shithole company...if you want a grade A hood like VIS makes then you need to talk to them...

now if you are interested give me some zip codes or pm me so I can get you a price on shipping...I am trying to help yall out but you just need to let me get shiznit worked out,thanks

kicker1_solo
11-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Why would we want to ship them twice? Ship it to San Antonio and then ship it to our house? Why? Why not just have it shipped to our house in the first place? Save the middle bullshit and save us a lot of cash.

crwa
11-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Alright... How much to have it shipped to Portland, OR 97223? And ask if the hoods come with the hood bracket holes already threaded and do they have brackets for the stock hood latch?

If you say they will fit then I trust you, And as far as the front hood grille's go, are these for 86-87, or 88-89, and do the hoods have holes for the washer squirters? Hopefully not, I would rather have a clean one w/o the squirter holes... and they don't have emblem holes for the front 'H' do they? I'm pretty sure cf hoods come clean w/o any holes for emblems and squirters, but I just want to check...

If you can get them shipped for $360 or close to that, I'll buy one fairly soon...

kicker1_solo
11-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by crwa
And as far as the front hood grille's go, are these for 86-87, or 88-89 Aren't the CF hoods for our cars all the same, one flat piece of CF across there without the grille?

wprocomp
11-20-2003, 09:09 AM
ok,look...I called my freind tim this morning...if you want these hoods shipped directly to your house from tim it will cost you more because he is not going to sell a bunch of hoods for no profit...I am getting these hoods at COST,this is how much he pays for them and that is only to me,nobody else...he does not just sell parts to people who he has no idea who the hell they are for cost price....the hood he bought for the teg that I was talking about....it cost the girl $450 shipped...because he knows me he is giving me this price

yes they are ready to install...no drilling requiered...and that i know of there are no emblem holes of washer holes...ok now I am going to check on that shipping price to portland....I will let you know this week

kicker1_solo
11-20-2003, 05:01 PM
So he doesn't care if he gives you a bunch of them at cost to give out to us, but he would care if he gave them straight to us? Does he know what you're doing with all the hoods? It would be the same either way except for the fact that there's a middle man in one of the steps.

wprocomp
11-20-2003, 08:17 PM
So he doesn't care if he gives you a bunch of them at cost to give out to us, but he would care if he gave them straight to us?

yes your a correct...he has to go through all of the work of ordering,getting your addresses,and shipping them out...so thats on his time and his money...thats why he dosent mind just ordering them and just letting me pick them up and do whatever i want with them...I have already discussed selling them to everyone and he could care less,as long as I pay him his $360 he is happy...now on shipping i checked with fedex and UPS and they said anywhere(I did guess on the measurements)but you are looking at anywhere from $90-$150 pretty much anywhere in the U.S. ,so there goes the price but its still cheaper than direct....

i will do some more negotiating tomorrow with tim and I may be able to work something out with AIT...

snurferpunk99
11-23-2003, 07:29 PM
yeah dude if the hoods look pretty dope i'll get one myself! And what about trunk lids? maybe! when u find out u gotta post a link or sometrhing!
later