PDA

View Full Version : prob with speakers, may be HU

89accord_lxi_coupe
11-14-2003, 06:58 AM
for the last week, i've noticed a low buzzing sound from one of my 6x9's. i thought i had blown it, but then while listening to my radio, instead of cd, it sounded fine. has anyone had this happen, is it just a problem with my cd player rather than the entire unit? my friend brian called me last night and told me he got a new HU and a couple Dual speakers from best buy, and he was willing to give me his kenwood HU. if i am correct there is a how-to on installing a cd player correct? i just need to know what part of my dash will need to be pulled to access everything. remember my car is a coupe, if that makes any difference. TIA

shepherd79
11-14-2003, 09:59 AM
you don't have to pull any parts of the dash. the cd player should slide right out.

89accord_lxi_coupe
11-14-2003, 02:53 PM
i made a mistake, it's not one of my 6x9's. it's coming from my passenger door speaker.

Bloodlust
11-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Almost sounds like alternator noise. But then it would be coming from all speakers and it wouldnt matter if you had the CD player on or the radio it would make the noise no matter what. Are you using an amp to power your speakers? If so are your RCA's and Power wires ran on opposite sides of the car?

89accord_lxi_coupe
11-15-2003, 05:47 AM
no amp. so it wouldn't be that. i was cleaning out my car with the cd player on, and i was by the passenger door. so i could get crap out of the floor, and i could hear it making that sound. at the time i thought it was just the bass not hitting right in it. it's the only one that i can tell, that has that coming through.