PDA

View Full Version : questions

Johnny b.
11-14-2003, 11:45 AM
just a couple of quick questions..my car is a 89 lxi what size engine do i have? is this model considered fast or desirable? its a 5 speed if that helps..also i was at auto zone the other day and this guy pulls up and hes in this total money machine hatch back civic custom looking everything and i know the guy who painted it and that alone was like four grand ..anyway he says ..lets runem ..i say ok ..then his buddy hops out and says pop your hood ..ok...he raises back up and says to his friend ..naa man not this one..now i know my car is torky and it seems fast to me ..but you got to understand my last ride was a 85 gmc slammed 5/7 with a healthy 350 so thats the type of thing im used to ..anyway i work nights so i dont get to many oppurtunities to race ..but im curios as to what my car will take and what will eat me alive..sorry for the long post JB

NXRacer
11-14-2003, 12:13 PM
DUDE. you're on a posting rampage today!! :D

You REALLY need to search around before you ask so many questions. so far all of your questions could be answered by a couple quick searches.

Dibbs
11-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the board. I replied to your post in Lets Meet. A few words of wisdom:

There's a select crew of members who's sole purpose on this board is to put down (flame) new members who don't post using the proper ettiquite <raise pinky, sip tea>. I suggest that you SEARCH before any of your next 100 posts otherwise you will awaken the beasts and make them ANGRY <GRRRRRRRR>. This Flaming usually stops after the first 100 posts because 1) your status as a "Newbie" will be dropped and 2) These Flamebags only post on Newbie threads. They don't really contribute much else. I'm sure one of them will awaken soon and ask a Moderator to move this thread somewhere else and start typing in all caps "SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST" because they're ANGRY <GRRRR>. Oh BTW....DON"T, for the love of GOD, ask anyone here about a body kit or ask them how a big aluminum wing looks on a 3G. As long as you conform, the Flamebags are happy. This makes 3geez a happy place.

If you are ever flamed simply for being a Noob, just PM me and I'll share a good laugh with you. Don't flame back, it just attracts more of them. Again, welcome aboard and feel free to ask me a question, no matter how dumb, anytime. Now if you will excuse me, I have midget bringing me some more candy.

Now FLAME ON LOSERS!

johndej
11-14-2003, 01:06 PM
hmm......... your car has the most powerful engine available in the US and its stick so thats good. the onlything better on this earth (for 3rd gen accords) would be an SE-I (special edition w/ leather and all the lux. stuff), a euro accord (w/ a more powerful B20 engine (no this is not the same as the one in preludes)), or a JDM accord (w/ a B20 tuned for even more HP then the euro one). hmm......... other stuff you may want to know is this board doesn't like anything deamed rice (stickers, wings, fart can exausts), and anyone who wants a "quick and cheap" engine swap, if you want to turbo your car there is a member names sean who is making and selling turbo kids and you should talk to him (i think its in the 3K area maybe), hmm........ no one makes official body kits for our cars (the ones you see are ones made for other car that have been modded to fit ours), the most available intake is one you make your own using the directions found in the "how too section", and you should use the search before you ask any questions cause they have prob been answered.

SteveDX89
11-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by johndej
no one makes official body kits for our cars (the ones you see are ones made for other car that have been modded to fit ours)

They are 3 companies that make body kits for our cars.

Erebuni
Kaminari
Xenon

They're specifically for the 3g.

Johnny b., don't expect to be winning to many races. A new LX-i back in 88 ran 0-60 in 10.02 secs and a quarter mile in 17.55 @ 79.4 mph. These are Motor Trend's test numbers. There are other cars you will be able to beat but most will keep up. You need some mods. :super:

johndej
11-14-2003, 04:00 PM
o, i hadn't heard about those but then agian i'm hardly into looks

SteveDX89
11-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Looks are ok but performance rocks.

Johnny b.
11-15-2003, 12:22 PM
thanks for the info guys, sorry for the search thing,sorry for not responding sooner i work nights and have limited time to check things out ...ill be burnin up that search button now..later JB...p.s. i could swear that my car reaches 60 quicker than 10secs..oh well