PDA

View Full Version : What is that wire for

carotman
05-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Well I got to see if you guys are as good as me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
When I did my EFI conversion, this wire wasn't plugged anywhere in the SE-i... and the car ran fine.. It's not plugged anywhere here and I can't figure where it would go.

It has only 2 wires (1 red 1 black and the wire looks like it starts around the Thermostat assy... so it could plug anywhere around that....

I don't habe the 89 Shop manual to check it out... can anyone help me...

Here is what the plug looks like

http://pages.infinit.net/omus/dunno.jpg

AccordChemist
05-01-2002, 05:25 PM
um dont know and i dont think my lxi has that wire.

88turboaccord
05-01-2002, 05:45 PM
Looking at my diagram, it looks like it is for the sunroof, since you said the wiring harness came off of an SE-i, those come with a sunroof.. In my book, the sunroof wiring harness goes towards that direction...

carotman
05-01-2002, 05:51 PM
yeah that's possible... but in the engine bay???

The car runs fine without a problem... and since nobody seems to have that wire....

88turboaccord
05-01-2002, 05:53 PM
Now that I keep looking at it, it looks more like something for the auto trans. Who knows unless I actually saw the part...

carotman
05-01-2002, 06:19 PM
yeah that could be it... maybe the Engine wire harness was replaced in the SE-i... but then I wouldn't have the connectors for the backup lights...

Weird.... very weird

DarknessRS
05-02-2002, 07:57 AM
Hmmm, if you could trace it back to the source then I'd be able to tell you. Until then, i can upload some scans of the wiring diagrams for you, they might help if you dig around down there a little :p

Sabz5150
05-02-2002, 09:49 AM
The sunroof relay is located in the engine bay, as are the power window relays.

-5150 :bandit:

DarknessRS
05-02-2002, 01:05 PM
Not the power windows, or sunroof, since neither sets of wires coming from those have a solid black and solid red going into a harness

AccordEXI
05-02-2002, 02:23 PM
That connector goes to the power steering oil pressure switch. Only the 88-89 fuel injected cars had this. Basically it signals the ECU when the power steering load is high(during a parking maneuver) and increases the idle speed of the engine to compensate for the load. On the SEI's power steering line there should be a fitting where the connector plugs into.

AZmike
07-15-2002, 02:51 PM
I have that same wire (without the harness) and had been wondering about it. i know that my car had been wrecked and i wondered if it was leftovers from a cheapo repair job. I guess not. I'll have to check my manual and figure out how to reconnect it to my PS system.