PDA

View Full Version : Left Headlight Is Out

MIK3
11-14-2003, 09:12 PM
Yeah. This is the first of it's kind. I go to drive up to my aunts last night and realize that my left headlight is out. Geeze. So are they easy to replace and cheap, or how does it go down? Any help will do. This only occurs on the low beams. The high beams are fine. Thanks.

MrBen
11-14-2003, 09:16 PM
First, make sure the plug is connected to the back of the light. Then check the fuse for it. If all is ok, flip your light up, unscrew the two screws on the front side of the light at the top, and then one on either side of the light (one by the fender, one opposite of it on the other side). Pull this entire black plastic piece off. The headlight is held in with three screws. Unscrew the screws on the top corners of the chromish bracket, and then the one at the bottom. Pull the headlight out. Repeat process in reverse.

I recommend replacing both at the same time.

MrBen
11-14-2003, 09:18 PM
Oh, you edited your post. Also check the wiring as well for cracks. Do this as a last resort (it is a pain in the ass). So if you replace your headlight, and it still doesn't work, and you are sure your low beam fuse is good and the plug is on, you have a snapped wire.

MIK3
11-14-2003, 09:27 PM
Alright cool. I'll check all that tonight. If infact I do have to replace, is it just a bulb, or the entire headlight, and how much would either run me?

MrBen
11-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Well most likely, unless you have H4 conversions, it is the entire bulb (glass lense and everything). You can get a set for like 10 bucks. Just make sure they have a glass lense.

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=SYL&MfrPartNumber=H6054&PartType=301&PTSet=A

MIK3
11-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Wow. That inexpensive. Awesome. I was thinking they were going to be in the $60 range. Good deal then. I will check them out tomorrow. Thanks for the help GhettoAccord.

badmanferg
11-15-2003, 08:37 AM
i have the same problem mike....posting the results would be a huge favor man....thanx

bless:D

MIK3
11-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Yeah. Today I am going to take apart the headlight maybe. I want to see if it is just a bulb. Because I think it is. My highbeams work fine, it's just my low beams that only my right one works. So today I'm going to stop by Checkers or something and read a service manual and ask around. And when I get everything fixed, I'll update you badmanferg.

MrBen
11-15-2003, 11:00 AM
I have had the same thing happen to me. The first time, it was a snapped wire. Since the flip up headlights move the wires a lot, they become brittle over the years and eventually give up. The second time it happened, it was a blown bulb. I won't go into the third time because it was irrelevent with H4 conversions, which I reccommend you do not get.

MIK3
11-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Yeah. I won't be going H4. They look horrible on a stock 3gee IMHO. I will definately have to check the wires though. That does sounds like a matter to be reckoned with.

MrBen
11-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by MIK3_DX_STYLE
They look horrible on a stock 3gee IMHO.

Well I don't know about that, if you have a nice set of bulbs which are white, not blue, they look really good. But they are a pain in the ass. They leak, so you have to make a cover and seal the light, they also keep blowing bulbs on my car for some reason even at stock wattage. I took them out and they're sitting in my closet because I refuse to deal with them anymore.

If you want something other than stock, save up your money and get projectors or at least something that is not junk.
:wave:

MIK3
11-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Yeah. When I said that I meant the blue ones.

Oh btw, problem fixed. I went to autozone, bought my Silvania H6054 Halogen for $8.99, took out the old light, and replaced. Took me 5 mintues. Way too simple, haha. Badmanferg, have you done this already?

A18A
01-15-2007, 04:40 PM
my left headlight has crapped out too, my high beams are also fine. the bulb is fine though, and the connections, all the under-hood fuses are good and from a quick inspection of the wires they seem good... what could this be?? this actually happened about a month ago, just got around to posting it now

it also happened on my other car years ago for some unknown reason, i only fixed that by making a wire from the left side of the car to the right side high beam...

been having to drive with the fogs on so the car dont look like the odd one out :P

shepherd79
01-15-2007, 05:19 PM
overdosed you need to stop bring back old threads.

ghettogeddy
01-15-2007, 05:25 PM
ya stop giving dead threads blowjobs if u have an out light just replace it lol

forrest89sei
01-15-2007, 05:38 PM
ya stop giving dead threads blowjobs if u have an out light just replace it lol

LOL!

Hey can the mod's set a Auto-Lock thing?

where like after a thread hasn't had any posts for like a year it automatically get locked?

1ajs
01-15-2007, 05:46 PM
overdose since you disapeard off msn heres that photo ya wanted

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9151/diagramof7.jpg

ghettogeddy
01-15-2007, 06:21 PM
LOL!
Hey can the mod's set a Auto-Lock thing?
where like after a thread hasn't had any posts for like a year it automatically get locked?
i think they like to keep some open just in case

MessyHonda
01-15-2007, 08:04 PM
lol...yeah they are 8 bucks at the parts store for the light....or 20 bucks for the Sylvania silverstars(i recommend them) also the fuse by the pedals...one of my high beams was blown and i fixed it.

A18A
01-16-2007, 06:51 AM
overdosed you need to stop bring back old threads.
i havnt revived a dead thread for a few months =/

overdose since you disapeard off msn heres that photo ya wanted
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9151/diagramof7.jpg
thank you :) i'll try not to loose this pic this time :) :welcome:

oh yeah... my bulb is fine, also the fuses in the dash are fine too =/

BITESIZE
01-16-2007, 10:51 AM
You're supposed to change both headlights at the same time. Otherwise you will have a dim one and a bright ass one.

2oodoor
02-07-2008, 02:03 PM
yeah yeah, yeah

My left headlight hangs lower than the other.. no j/k
^^^^ keeps blowing fuses, it is getting to be annoying. What do I do, stop using the retractors?