PDA

View Full Version : New Lights Make A Big Difference!

HondaBoy
11-14-2003, 11:21 PM
i bought some new fog/driving lights. guess ill call them driving lights. anyway, i got them for a little more than $20. they came with all needed wiring which was just right! all the wires were nearly perfect length. i had some 89 prelude foglights on, but they didnt do very good:( . im still going to try fixing those up. anyway, i bought my new lights at Pepboy's. they are Rally brand. i thought for $20 and the being able to return them, i couldnt go wrong. they looks good with the car cuz they are rectangular. so they dont look out of place like round ones might. i did have to use my prelude mounting plates to get them to fit. thats because the steel part of the bumper is far back. i tried them out tonight and they worked pretty good. definately better than just my headlights alone. i have H4 conversions, but they are kinda messed up from water getting into them. the new driving lights came with an inline fuse built in, so not much reason to worry about a fire or a short. they came with 55watt bulbs, but i think i will go to 100watt. im going to try and get some pix with my digi cam. i think im the only 3gee in town with fog lights, i mean driving lights:smokin:

Bloodlust
11-15-2003, 06:18 AM
Cool, keep us posted. I need to get myself a pair of foglights.

HondaBoy
11-16-2003, 05:09 PM
yeak, they are workin great. my head lights work good for what mostly right in front and the driving lights shine farther up giving more distance. im soooooo glad i bought them! yesterday, i bought some 100watt bulbs to replace the 55watt. they burned out the 15 amp fuse, i put a 30 amp fuse in and that burned out. so i returned the lights. that same day i asked the owner of a performance car shop about putting in higher watt bulbs and he said i will need a relay. in guessing i need a 30 amp relay to go along with the 30 amp fuse and 100 watt bulbs? if so, i will try it again. anyone with experience please tell me what the hell i need to do! would be nice to have the 100 watt brightness, and yes there's a big difference. oh yea, im guessing y'all wanna see some pix with the lights?

AccordArizona89
11-16-2003, 07:31 PM
thats awesome man, im gunna pick some up next weekend.

HondaBoy
11-17-2003, 08:52 PM
oh, and to give you an idea of what looks best on a 3gee, get something with a rectangular shape to it. also, round ones dont look great on a 3gee because they dont follow the body lines too well. the car is squareish, so you get the idea. i got mine at Pepboy's for about $20, and thats not on sale. i saw some that were slimmer at O'reilly auto parts. they also have slimmer ones than mine at Autozone for about $20. they are cheap to buy and should last a pretty long time. i dont see why more people dont get driving lights cuz they help out a lot. the only problem i had was the placement. the steel bumper is kinda far back from where you want to mount them by the horn covers. another good place is in the lower grille by the license plate. i may put 2 more lights there if it will look good. ill have to see what it looks like before i decide on that though. other wise, they are great. ill have to see how they work in the rain cuz its supposed to rain sometime this week. im thinking about getting some for my '02 accord, but i wanted some that look just right for it.

danronian
11-19-2003, 04:43 AM
I bought some rectangular APC fog lights for $18. They were the cheapest I could find anywhere. I found them at Advanced Auto.

AccordArizona89
11-19-2003, 02:00 PM
i seen the AAPC h4 headlights at pep boys too. but it says APC on the glass :(

Mike89Accordcom
11-20-2003, 12:52 PM
I have PIAA. Very bright and nice. But they cost $200