PDA

View Full Version : Pro Honda Silicon

HondaBoy
11-14-2003, 11:30 PM
i had bought that pro honda silicon spray from the dealer ship for about $5. i was originally going to use it on the window tracks to get them moving faster. i need time to get that right cuz the silicon is hard to get off the glass. anyway, most of us have probley had our old black plastic trim look old and not as black as it should. me included. well, i decided to try some of the silicon spray on the black thing where the license plate goes and the black plastic on the tail lights. my car sits outside and is in the sun and rain. i treated it last weekend, and throught the rain and other stuff, its still nice and black. looks brand new! i think i will try it on the rubber door trim, but that will take time cuz it didnt absorb as well as the plastic did. dont know why i didnt. you need to know how to use that stuff cuz when you first spray it on, its not gelled. you have to let it gel, and then wipe the excess away. i had trouble getting it to look even but i did it. hope that will protect it for a while.

3G Jester
11-14-2003, 11:39 PM
you can buy big ass shampoo size bottles of silicon ruber resoterer. its like 30 bucks but i used it on my bumper once..HOLY SHIT it looked off-the-lot-new

HondaBoy
11-16-2003, 05:11 PM
i washed my car yesterday and the black plastic still looks realy nice and new black. so does the rubber window trim and door seals.

danronian
11-17-2003, 10:28 AM
That black restore only works for a small amount of time and if the trim is real bad it doesnt work at all. At least this is what happened when I tried it. Try the steel wool then black shoe polish, it works pretty damn well, I was amazed. It only works on the plastic though, the rubber just absorbs it forever and never turns entirely black.

HondaBoy
11-17-2003, 08:38 PM
i still didnt try it on the rubber door trim. only rubber i used it on was the window trim which is still black today. it used to look ashy and gray compared to the new-ish blackness it has now.