PDA

View Full Version : Help: Fast Idle Won't Unload

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
11-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Hi Guys:

Having a bit of a problem with my 3G. The fast idle unloader isn't working on my car. I recenlty replaced the carburetor, but this was a problem with my old carburetor as well.

Shop manual says to inspect Thermovalve B, but since the problem was occuring on the new and old carburetor and I can't believe I have two bad Thermovalves (valve is on the carburetor). What other elements should I inspect? If fuel is too lean or rich will this hamper the operation of the fast idle unloader?

There's a coolant thermoswitch, does that have any control on the fast idle unloader?

Thanks,
Claude :wave:

POS carb
11-15-2003, 01:16 PM
the thermovalve is actually a part on the manifold, on the rear there are two of them, one has 2 hookups and the other has 3. I'm not sure which one was "B", get a vacuum diagram and follow the numbers. For now you can tap constant vacuum to it so you can drive without choke and fast idle. If you do this tap the accelerator before starting to close the choke, start it, and once it is on the fast idle and choke will work, it will go to fully open, and no fast idle when you press the gas