PDA

View Full Version : A/C Belt!?!?!?!?

InfinityAudioLXi
11-15-2003, 03:15 PM
I have to change out my alternator belt because it is bad and of course it is the inner of the three belts. So i got the power steering belt off and i know i can get the alternator belt off but HOW THE HELL DO I GET THE A/C BELT OFF!?!?!?!? I have an '89 accord lxi and a big party to go to tonight so please help asap! THnx guys:burn:

Jareds 89 LX-i
11-15-2003, 03:24 PM
A/C compressor has the same type of screw tensioner that the alternator does. Just loosen the 4 (Denso) or 3 (Keihin) bolts holding the compressor to the bracket (just loose enough to move the compressor around, don't take them all the way out), then loosen the compressors adjustment screw so the compressor can pivot inwards, and there you'll be able to slip the belt right off. Installation is reverse, don't forget to tighten the compressor bolts back up, and keep an eye on the belt tension as you tighten the tension screw cuz it can get really tight and you don't feel it in how hard the screw is to turn.... you don't want it too tight.

Compressor->bracket bolts are 17mm, and you'll need 2 wrenches (open/box end) to loosen and tighten them. Adjustment screw is 10mm, and it's on the front-right side of the compressor bracket (looking at it from the front). I use my ratheting box end wrech for that and it's pretty easy.