PDA

View Full Version : if the ignition control module is bad will my spark plugs still spark?

newtuner
11-15-2003, 07:22 PM
if the ignition control module is bad will my spark plugs still spark? also is there any way the my timeing can cause my car not to start?

A20A1
11-16-2003, 01:09 AM
Anything happen the the car prior to the problem? Overheating, blowing fuses, replacing battery, or gaskets... Basicly have you worked on the car at all or get any work done to it?

I'm just trying to get some details since you didn't write up much... and I'm also trying to ruel out stuff like missing ground wires, or loose battery connections.

I'm not sure how much the ICM controls ignition. If you want to see if the plugs spark, I'm sure you could remove one from the motor and rest it on the head so the plug is grounded and check to see if it sparks when you crank the motor. I'm not sure if you have to cover the hole while the plug is removed... or if the other 3 plug wires should be connected to the other spark plugs while you run the test. i know it's do-able, I just never done it.

newtuner
11-16-2003, 01:16 PM
well i took the trany out and put it back in and it ran then the bat died and i jumped it and it went crazy in the dash it was clicking and my guages were fluttering around and now it just wont start. it turns and tries sone times but it just wont turn!! ive tried useing starting fluid ive changed my coil, cap and rotor, and plugs. clould jumping it have blown my distrib.??

would the ecu or any of the numorous sensors in this beast cause it not to start??

if anyone can help my id appreciate it because i need this car for work on monday and i dont kno whats wrong!!

newtuner
11-16-2003, 04:28 PM
does anyone possibly know??

cruznz
11-17-2003, 02:57 AM
are you getting a spark?