PDA

View Full Version : Just sayin high

MrGlicko
11-15-2003, 08:04 PM
hi, new to the board, just picked up an 87 hatch yesterday.

last night the block heater popped out of the block and i lost all coolant. fixed that today but didnt set the distributor before i removed it to get at the block heater. Now she wont start, im hoping i just need to adjust 360 degrees but im no mechanic so any ideas?

replaced the thermostat and spark plugs, getting exhaust on monday.

Has anyone had problems with the light switch assembly in the steering wheel hub?

thanks for any help and its nice to find a good 3rd gen forum

Glicko

kicker1_solo
11-16-2003, 01:40 PM
welcome to 3geez :wave:

guaynabo89
11-16-2003, 07:15 PM
You live in Canada?

THe dist will only go on one way cause the two teeth are slighly offset of the center.

Backtrack your steps o make sure you didn't disconnect anything. Like coil wire etc

dXsquared
11-16-2003, 07:20 PM
hmm... how do you know he is canadian?

i have a broken headlight switch... i dont have the time to fix it.. so i just hold the base part and twist the switch

Travis

k-roy
11-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK

i have a broken headlight switch... i dont have the time to fix it.. so i just hold the base part and twist the switch

Travis

I have that same problam too. I went to the junkyard this weekend to get a new assembly and found out the hard way you need to pull the steering wheel to get it out. I think I will try using JB weld instead. I'll try it and tell you guys how it works out.

guaynabo89
11-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK

I don't,........ just asking. Not many people in the U.S. have block heaters

MrGlicko
11-17-2003, 08:29 AM
oh hey i just noticed newB intro subforum, whoops.

got it running, i was right, just had to rotate the distributor another 360 and adjust the timing a lil.

yea im in canada, edmonton to be specific