PDA

View Full Version : Update on AEM Big Brake Kit

RobT5580
11-16-2003, 06:38 PM
Today i took my kit off for the winter since i will be driving the coupe until i get my other coupe back from my girlfriend. But anyway i took them off and noticed the pads overlapped the rotor a little bit when the wore in. I also knew the pass side was warped or your can feel the high/low spots on pads/rotor because the caliper slide pins were froze up. But im gonna have them re-surfaced and i have to look into the width of replacement pads so i dont over lap again. But i definatly notice that the stock brakes suck compared to the AEM setup. So the kit is definatly worth it in the end but it seems you forgot how poor the factory brakes are quickly because i didnt expect such a big difference when i swapped them out. Sometime im gonna work on doing 2 or 4 piston caliper most likely porsche calipers but i know i will have to work on a proportioning valve when i do that.

Just thought i would share since iv had them on since spring and there are only 3 members that i know have them.

BITESIZE
11-16-2003, 06:54 PM
Still the best looking coupe in my book. Color looks like mine...Maroon! :)

RobT5580
11-17-2003, 07:39 AM
Thanks, It was near mint condition when i got it but its getting scratched and a few dents now. I like the color more than the factory red but im set on painting my car championship white. I would like a color but white hides a lot of flaws that you get over time. I have a lot to do to the car but im getting there and when i get my other coupe back it will come off the road until i finish the whole thing or at minimum the B20A Turbo setup.