PDA

View Full Version : oil leak...help quick

cubert
11-17-2003, 06:20 AM
ok..my oil pan is on its last leg of life..it took less then a week for it to go from full to empty and i need to try to find a way to get it to stop temporarily just for a couple days until the pan gets here and i can fix it...could i put epoxy or somethiing over the bottom of it? please help the lazy moron who waits til the last minute:sadwave:

Vinny
11-17-2003, 06:29 AM
Well I don't know what exactly the problem with your pan is, other than its leaking. The only problem with epoxy is that they need a totally clean surface in order to adhere and cure. You could try cheaning the surface with Alchohol and see if you can get JB weld or quicksteel to stick to it. The only problem is thatif you have oil seeping through onto the patched area it may not cure worth a damn

cubert
11-17-2003, 06:33 AM
yea..thats what im worried about..its rusted as all hell....so i was pretty sure i wouldnt be able to get anything to stick to it...i just need to try to get something on there to last me a couple more days...then i can replace it

POS carb
11-17-2003, 08:31 AM
you mean a hole? or the gasket? If you have a hole clean off the area with degreaser and then piant thinner or acetone. Use quicksteel or JB weld to patch the hole, let it dry completely before you drive it (or at least overnight)

k-roy
11-17-2003, 09:06 AM
I would say lace up some good walking shoes for a few days. Sure JB weld might work but it takes a good 12 hours to completly seal and dry. And there is no guarentee it will work. I would just keep pouring oil in and drive it as little as possible. There is always duct tape.