PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Secondary

Techno
11-17-2003, 07:09 AM
I have a problem with my Vacuum Sec on my stock Carb. I have done the Vacuum line removal and seem to now be having trouble with my secondary opening up. I am not sure if the diaphram is not getting enough vacuum to open up or what. It is fine in the morning when I start the car but it will "stick" shut somehow when I am cruising down the freeway. When I step on the gas the car has no power at all and I have to pull over to the side and mess with the secondary and rev the engine enough for it to open and then everything works after that. I am not sure why ......... Is it a possibility that I could reroute my vacuum line to another port on the carb? Or maybe directly to the manifold?

Someone PLEASE HELP before I detonate!

Techno

POS carb
11-17-2003, 08:30 AM
it should have an independent connection to the pickup on the front of the carb. Make sure you are using the correct one, the other port is not for vacuum but for air correction

A20A1
11-17-2003, 05:33 PM

Techno
02-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Problem solved. Found clogged Hose and another hose that had some sort of restriction inside it.

Car works good now

Techno

pcolas
03-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Problem solved. Found clogged Hose and another hose that had some sort of restriction inside it.

Car works good now

Techno
Was the trbl do to the secondary as you discribed, or did you find another trouble causing your loss of power