PDA

View Full Version : Going to do the rear brake conversion...

89accordlxi
06-25-2002, 06:42 PM
OK, I finally found me some rear disk brakes off an SE-I. I read the Faq and it says I need the whole control arm(which I understand) and proportionating valve. My question is about the proportionating valve. What does it do and how is it different from say my lxi. Do I simply unbolt mine and replace it with the SE-i one and thats it??? And is there any tricks to installing the rear control arm. Is it just a simple bolt on procedure.

Thanks for any help regarding this matter.

Peace out y'all

GDGuy11B
06-25-2002, 06:49 PM
i'm not sure about your control arm question, but i'm kinda curious myself, since i will sometime soon try to get my paws on some rear discs....as for the proportioning valve...you need the one from the SE-i because it is set up for the DISC's in the rear...the LX-i valve is set up for DRUMS. More brake fluid or something...i'm not a tech yet, they just call me that at work...

Micah

guaynabo89
06-26-2002, 04:32 AM
Make sure you get the e-brake cables. By the way they're a bitch to put in.:) All the brake fluid hoses on the hub and the master cylinder.

Its all pretty basic, take out, put in.

MoonScryer
06-27-2002, 06:03 AM
E-brake stuff is eays to do if you drop the exhaust system. I'd recommend you do it that way.

89accordlxi
06-27-2002, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the replies peeps..... I guess i didn't realize you also needed the e-brake cable...How come that isn't in the faq? It say e-brake bracket and that's all. I can't just use my existing cable? What is the difference between the two?

I might need to pospone the project however. The yard I am getting the parts from is asking $200 for everything. Does this sound right????I was hoping I would be able to get them for $100 at the most. The parts are really rusty and I know that I will probably end up replacing the pads and maybe rotor depending on there condition and other misc. parts. I am already buying the two front seats to replace my old ones. They gave me a good deal on those though.. $150 for both and they are leather and in very good shape.

Well anyway, we'll just have to wait and see what happens..

I'm out