PDA

View Full Version : a.i.r. system

accordlxi2.0
11-17-2003, 12:09 PM
how important is this air jet system?
the line's are getting in the way of the c.a.i.
i mean with this only removed will it fail emission's?
lower mpg's?
anything bad come from this?

POS carb
11-17-2003, 01:19 PM
PLUG THE "c" PORT ON YOUR CARB AND YOU WILL GET BETTER PERFORMANCE BUT YOU MAY FLUNK EMMISSIONS. aLL IT IS IS AN AIR BLEED TO COMPENSATE FOR ALTITUDE

sporkHSP
11-17-2003, 01:29 PM
if i were to plug said "c" port, and plug the vacuum line, but leave it in the engine bay, could i get the same performance boost, and still reattach it for emissions testing... i did just pass emissions for the year...?

accordlxi2.0
11-17-2003, 05:15 PM
well i did it he drove it around and there's like more power at the low end or until the secondary open.
the engine runs' quieter with out it anyway.

A20A1
11-17-2003, 05:34 PM
you can always buy a longer vacuum hose or relocate the Air jet controller.

POS carb
11-18-2003, 06:02 AM
they have specail fittings on the AIC (not AIR :)) so I'm not sure if you can do that without those male vacuum connectors for hooking 2 lines together.
Just plug the brass port on the front of the carb, the one that the IAC hooks up to (line "C") and then the other port you should hook it up directly to the secondary diaphraghm (remove the vacuum "T" and just plug the pot with its own line to the carb). Plug the 2 hoses left over from the job. You can always hook it back up for testing.

accordlxi2.0
11-18-2003, 06:46 AM
yea im'a remove it then when 2005 come's i'll put it back on but then a again we've been talking bout converting it to efi. so i won't need all that stuff and if anything it's making it better when the time come's around to change it.