PDA

View Full Version : hondaman87 clear tails (bigger pics)

Jims 86LXI HB
06-25-2002, 06:48 PM
Ok here they are. I wasn't able to do anything to them other than download them to a server where I was able to keep them the same size that they were sent to me as. Bmp files are huge for the little image quality you get.:( If these were retaken and saved in jpg or tiff in at least 480x640 they would be much better, if that's possible. Ok enough talk here they are.

http://www.akerlundonline.com/~upload/uploaded/Picture_001.bmp

http://www.akerlundonline.com/~upload/uploaded/Picture_002.bmp

http://www.akerlundonline.com/~upload/uploaded/Picture_012.bmp

http://www.akerlundonline.com/~upload/uploaded/Picture_014.bmp

http://www.akerlundonline.com/~upload/uploaded/Picture_022.bmp

http://www.akerlundonline.com/~upload/uploaded/Picture_026.bmp

http://www.akerlundonline.com/~upload/uploaded/Picture_027.bmp

http://www.akerlundonline.com/~upload/uploaded/Picture_036.bmp

http://www.akerlundonline.com/~upload/uploaded/Picture_037.bmp

TeKKnoTeKK
06-25-2002, 06:50 PM
those look real good (the lights not the pics) :lol Thanks for doin that Jim

DarknessRS
06-25-2002, 07:22 PM
Jim, I saved those pics on jpg if you want them, they look the same but are much smaller ;)

hondaman87
06-25-2002, 07:28 PM
jim thanx for doing that to my photos i appreciated

Jims 86LXI HB
06-25-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by DarknessRS
Jim, I saved those pics on jpg if you want them, they look the same but are much smaller ;)

I can do that, but I was worried about the quality.

hondaman87, your welcome.

:)

89accordlxi
06-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Those pics are a 200% improvement. Now I can say good job on the lights with confidence now that I can see them.

Hondaman, Give us some details on how you made them. Was it hard? how long did it take? etc. etc.

I'm out

guaynabo89
06-26-2002, 03:47 AM
Those lights look pretty good. How did you go about taking tem apart? Did the lights brake on you at all? What kind of sidemarkers are those in the fender molding? I like those too.

I have another question for you. Is that the rear spoiler off a celica or supra? If it is and you like the solar wing thing I have a tip for you or anyone else who has a hatch.

The solar wings off a 80's to 93 mustang will fit perfect on the hatch. The only slight difference is at the top corners. The accord hatch window has square edges and the mustang has a sligtly rounded top corner.

Just a little bit of information I'd thought I'd pass along.:D

FrankGSR
06-26-2002, 07:58 AM
even for BMP those images look like shit... I'm sure the tails look good.. but thats just horrible, sorry. Not to mention for the fact that not all of us run on cable modem! :mad:

Jims 86LXI HB
06-26-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by FrankGSR
even for BMP those images look like shit... I'm sure the tails look good.. but thats just horrible, sorry. Not to mention for the fact that not all of us run on cable modem! :mad:

Hey the only way their quality is going to improve is if he takes new pictures, hopefully with a film camera. All he has to do is then take the film to a wal-mart and have them make a picture cd, it's cheap and the quality is way better.

I know the image files are large, and I could have changed them to jpg's, but when ever you do that, you will loose additional quality. The quality is bad enough I didn't want it going down even more. And as important as these pictures are to allot of people I felt that the quality was most important, in spite of the file sizes.

Hey I had to open them AND wait for them to down load,....TWICE!, so I know about waiting.:rant:

FrankGSR
06-26-2002, 08:44 AM
what where they taken with a digital camera??? :huh:

hondaman87
06-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by guaynabo89
Those lights look pretty good. How did you go about taking tem apart? Did the lights brake on you at all? What kind of sidemarkers are those in the fender molding? I like those too.

I have another question for you. Is that the rear spoiler off a celica or supra? If it is and you like the solar wing thing I have a tip for you or anyone else who has a hatch.

The solar wings off a 80's to 93 mustang will fit perfect on the hatch. The only slight difference is at the top corners. The accord hatch window has square edges and the mustang has a sligtly rounded top corner.

Just a little bit of information I'd thought I'd pass along.:D

well i used a heat gun that i have a work and heat up the of the tail light so the glue would get soft enough to pull them apart and work the rest

the side markers came of the bmw m3

and the rear wing came of the supra, and had to make new brackets

and yes they came of my cheep ass digi cam...

hondaman87
06-30-2002, 06:35 PM

hondaman87
06-30-2002, 06:36 PM

Chris86Lxi
06-30-2002, 09:33 PM
Whoa! Damn, those new pics look good man. Hondaman, those are awesome quality. I love how they look almost like a silverish look or is that just the camera fuckin with the colors and contrast? Anyways, looks great.

Chris

superaccord
06-30-2002, 11:23 PM
hey, did you use that light shit, and some plexi glass over it? how did you get it to bend? by a heat gun or, the oven?
matt

hondaman87
07-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by superaccord
hey, did you use that light shit, and some plexi glass over it? how did you get it to bend? by a heat gun or, the oven?
matt

heat gun

Jims 86LXI HB
07-02-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by superaccord
matt

I don't know why he only answered the last part of your question superaccord, but to me it sure looks like he used sheet floresent lighting fixture plastic. But I hope not, cause that stuff is insanely thin and brittle and would likely break when the sponge you wash you car passes over it:lol Might be plexi glass, but it sure doesn't look like it.

gee wonder why the pics don't work now?

hondaman87
07-03-2002, 01:19 PM
sorrY for that:)

A reminder this set up mainly work with the h/b's for the sedan 2-4 door are allmost the same but not guite

" warning not responsible for your taillights you are doing this at your own risk"

Ok this is how:
I split the tail light w/ a heat gun that I have at the shop by heating up the back of the tail light not the fromt because u'll damage it, as you heat the back of the tail light the glue or as you might say the seam sealer will start geting softer and start pulling the front apart slowly and vuala its apart... remenber don't pull to hard or it will break, the thing about the h/b's taillights is that they have two section the clear plexi glass on the out side and the guts in the in side and what i mean by that is the colored plastic in the inside..

once u got the tail light apart get the sheet floresent lighting fixture plastic they have two or more style, in my case I chose the small diamond shape ones, and now trace them, cut them, mold them, glue them, finish them, in my case i've used a black seam sealer that sets in ten minutes, because i was in a rush, so at the shop i sanded w/ 800 sand paper painted the trim black and then cleared them. and now u see the finish product...

GOOD LUCK :)
" warning not responsible for your taillights you are doing this at your own risk"

HostileJava
07-03-2002, 01:58 PM
I don't supposed there is anyway I could drive over there one weekend and you could help me out with that?

markmdz89hatch
07-24-2002, 09:53 AM
I began the same thing about 3 mo. ago with my tails, just never got around to finishing them up, so if anyone wants, feel free to shoot me a Q too.

HondaMan ---> Those came out sweet, I can't beleive you did it on the first shot. I went through a set before I figured out the best way to get that outer plastic layer off.

Nice Job!!! :super:

89BlackH-Back
07-24-2002, 10:19 AM
i dunno why but it wont let me view the pics

Jims 86LXI HB
07-24-2002, 08:12 PM
The reason is because the web site that I was using to host those pics and pics of my own, dried up and died and took all the pics with it. Sucks doesn't it:(

89BlackH-Back
07-25-2002, 09:17 AM
damn that does suck is there a way i can have them sent to me, bucz i am looking to make my own pair of them

dXsquared
10-06-2002, 02:55 PM
yah me too...
[email protected]
Travis

Jims 86LXI HB
10-06-2002, 03:27 PM
Why don't you ask the man that made them to tell you how he did it? That kind of thing kinda deserves a how to doesn't it.
Yk86 has a how to on his site.

dXsquared
10-06-2002, 03:40 PM
no jim i want the pics if you have them?
Travis

Jims 86LXI HB
10-06-2002, 03:47 PM
I don't have them, they were really really poor quality and very tiny. That's why I'm refering you to thier creator. If your lucky he's done new pics, even luckier and he has a how do already created.

hondaman87
10-06-2002, 05:09 PM
i don't have a how to yet but here are some pics

hondaman87
10-06-2002, 05:10 PM

hondaman87
10-06-2002, 05:13 PM

hondaman87
10-06-2002, 05:14 PM

hondaman87
10-06-2002, 05:16 PM