PDA

View Full Version : a/c control panel.

accordlxi2.0
11-17-2003, 05:40 PM
i was just curious. i have the push button type a/c.
now when i have it on defrost the air goes to the window but there's air still coming from the driver and pass. vent's.
so i thought it was a vac. leak but these thing are controlled by motor's?:huh:
talk about advace tech for that year.
anyway is this normal.

G Man89
11-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Do you mean the vents close to the doors? If so, near the the steering wheel on the right there are two black levers. Push them back and it will cause the air to come out of the vents on the doors. Hope that helps.

accordlxi2.0
11-18-2003, 06:49 AM
that somewhat help's but, it's the one's by the door's .the middle one(the black one) it either add more air the the defrost or cooler air. but is this normal?

Dibbs
11-18-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by accordlxi2.0
that somewhat help's but, it's the one's by the door's .the middle one(the black one) it either add more air the the defrost or cooler air. but is this normal?

I get that too.

Art 1
11-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Me too. I just point the vents away from me. Also, heat only come out of one vent in mine: the farmost left vent. So i have to get all close to the door to get warm.

accordlxi2.0
11-18-2003, 11:15 AM
cool.
thanks alot for the help.

POS carb
11-19-2003, 09:25 AM
yea if you ever take your heater out you'll be surprized at the design they put together in there, a lot of little motorized doors and such. My guess is that one of these doors has rotted or the motor/rods than move them have become disconnected for the defrosting purposes.
What happens when you do just "heat" (it should only come out on the floor vents)

accordlxi2.0
11-19-2003, 07:31 PM
when i put on the heat mode the air is bieng directed it to , the bottom, the back part and on the the driv. and pass vent's too.
when i use the button's you can hear the motor's and the door's moving.
so do i have a problem?

accordlxi2.0
11-25-2003, 12:35 PM
uh . . . . . . . . hello???????????????????