PDA

View Full Version : 5speed transmission problem

meohmy01
11-17-2003, 07:21 PM
it's not a 5 speed out of a 3g. it's actually a 5 speed manual off of an h22 but i'm sure the same basic idea applies. when i'm driving the car nice and i ease into gears it shifts fine but when i really whip the car it grinds when throwing it into 3rd gear. i know nothing about transmissions but if i had to make a guess i would say it's a synco (spelling?) since the same thing only to a greater extent happened to a friend of mine's 3000gt vr-4. i can tell you that the fluid has recently been replaces with honda mtf and that the clutch fluid is full but that's about it. any imput would be really appreciated.

dXsquared
11-17-2003, 07:25 PM
if it grinds when goin in gear, it could be synchro's or the clutch isnt engaging all the way... i dont think they are adjustable, but if so, adjust it so its definetly working all teh way, then if it still does it, time for a rebuild

Travis

86dxAccord
11-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Bleed the Lines first! If the problem persirst, you synchros are starting to go.

k-roy
11-17-2003, 07:34 PM
It sounds like the Synchro is shot.
Flush and bleed the hydrolic cylinder and adjust the clutch to make sure that is not the problem first.

meohmy01
11-18-2003, 05:00 PM
that's what i was affraid that you all were going to say. i'll definatley drain and bleed the clutch fluid this weekend, i had to put clutch fluid into the resivoir this weekend, the little cup was almost empty.

meohmy01
11-18-2003, 05:04 PM
are hydrolic clutches adjustable? as far as i knew the weren't but i'm no mechanic so i really don't know.