PDA

View Full Version : Is the 3g worth it?

kicker1_solo
11-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Right now I'm in the position where I'm not sure if I wanna keep dumping money into the 3g. I have a full time job and am bringing in bank, where should this money go? I just spent over $800 on new parts for the accord, just to keep it running. I have a ton of time and money invested into the accord but I'm not sure if I want to go all out on it or get something newer. What would you guys do? If you had the money to get a newer car and mod it would you do it, or stick with the 3g that you've put so much time into? Now that I have a job I'm trying to decide if I should go full body kit and go through complete body work which includes shaving, suicide doors, paint, and all that fun stuff, or move onto a new car.

k-roy
11-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Pimp that shit.
You allready spent enough money on it right?
Might as well throw it some more.

kicker1_solo
11-17-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by kroy
Pimp that shit.
You allready spent enough money on it right?
Might as well throw it some more. $800 to keep it running in the past 2 months
$500 for wheels/tires
$150 bumper
$800 stereo
$150 suspension
$300 performance parts
and so many many many hours on that thing....

The wheels might be able to go on the new car, and some of the stereo could....

86dxAccord
11-17-2003, 08:29 PM
I would say get a new car. The 3G is great. But If you have a chance to get out, then do it. As long as you have not gone overboard on mods, then your ok. It's easy to say keep the car when you have never put any serious money into it. Good Luck!

k-roy
11-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 86dxAccord
It's easy to say keep the car when you have never put any serious money into it.

Try a rebuilt engine and new clutch 3 weeks after buying it. That was $1,200 into a $900 car. Ouch. Plus another $500 in parts in the last year. It was worth it.

tbirdman
11-17-2003, 09:07 PM
Are you doing your own work or are you paying some 1. If you have money to pay some1 then I would say get a newer car they look alot better if u got money to dump into them. I just sold my 3geez I was a nice car but very limited compared to my 86 Trans am.

kicker1_solo
11-17-2003, 09:09 PM
doing all the work myself, all i would have to pay for is parts and materials, the labor is free.

BMS
11-17-2003, 11:43 PM
You never know what you have until it's gone....

Mike89Accordcom
11-18-2003, 01:25 AM
I'm in the same situation. My Accord is for sale. But at the same time I wanna keep it. It's really fucked up. Just would never give up the TL either. I know how you feel.

Blue Impact
11-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Mike89Accordcom
I'm in the same situation. My Accord is for sale. But at the same time I wanna keep it. It's really fucked up. Just would never give up the TL either. I know how you feel.

My brother was in the same shoes when I got my Integra and gave him back his Accord. He had to choose between the Accord and his Legend...He decided to keep both. :D

But kicker, if I were you, I'd get a new car unless I wanna keep it bone stock as a daily driver.

RobT5580
11-18-2003, 07:03 AM
Iv been there a few times when my other coupe was giving me major problems. But my biggest problem is buying something i wouldnt dump all my money into. I think the best thing if at all possible for others is to have a decent daily driver so you can toy around with the accord all you want. I found that when i was trying to modify my other coupe i just couldnt keep up with it and at the rate i was going parts i put on would were out before i ever got the car looking half way decent. But i think the accord is a good project car for two reasons they look good and is a dirt cheap base to start with rather than a newer honda.

MilTownSHO
11-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by BMS
You never know what you have until it's gone....

He could always get another one, there not exactly rare or anything...

jigga225
11-18-2003, 07:07 PM
I feel you man.... every time somethin goes wrong or that bitch doesn't start, I go out huntin for a legend.
But when ol girl is runnin and clean, I couldn't be happier in any other car.
I say pimp that bitch!

zinj
11-18-2003, 09:01 PM
If you sell the 3g, you probably won't get much of a return on the $800 you just put into the car. I say keep it. And make sure you tuck some money away just in case your new job doesn't last (god forbid). :)

kicker1_solo
11-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Well I guess I'm going to keep the car for now. I'm still going to slowly mod it and save up for a new car though. I think if I ever get some time off I'm going to throw the accord into the shop for a week or two and shave the bitch clean and do a few other body mods. Long live the accord. :D

Mike89Accordcom
11-19-2003, 12:36 AM
I agree with Rob, now a days our cars are so cheap to buy. My prob is I bought a car I hadn't planned on modding, my TL. Well that didn't last long, lol. It's in the blood. But like I say, decisions, decisions......

Vinny
11-19-2003, 09:03 AM
keep it and pimp it, after all you are half way to pimp with the whole tiger striped theme ya go goin

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/546/1southpark-med.jpg

easyryder
11-20-2003, 05:50 PM
I work at a Honda store and daily I drive just about everything! The new Accord with the big V6 horsepower and used Hondas in general. At the end of the day I hop into my '89 ,....start it ....throw her into gear ...and .....I LOVE MY CAR
You gotta choose what's good for you but for my money 3G

sporkHSP
11-20-2003, 05:56 PM
you want to keep it, or you wouldnt have posted this... ur asking 3G fanatics if you should keep yours, of course the majority response is YES. I could never sell mine, i may buy a newer car, but i couldnt sell this one. Even when i go away to college next year, my parents want to sell it if its just gunna sit (they technically own it) but i told them that ill buy it then, or move back to town... shes my baby, even if saying that pisses my girlfriend off.

...oh and the money thing, 1700 for replacing rusted fuel pipes, 700 for new Radiator and hoses, and 200 for a new starter... in a 2000 dollar car. Hell Yes Its Worth It

section-8
11-22-2003, 11:50 PM
heck, keep the 3g for a daily o perhaps somebody in your family might want a car(turning 16, whatever).
then, pimp the shiit outta that 2000 civic. H22, suspension, brakes, body, maybe stereo, and some nitrous...damn...that would be nice.

i.c.
11-23-2003, 06:02 AM
i voted for workin on the teg
even though i like the black/tan thing going on...