PDA

View Full Version : Interference on AM only...

offthahook
11-17-2003, 09:27 PM
You know that hum/hiss you get when you hit the gas? I get it, but only on AM stations. I know there is a filter under the hood, but I wonder if there is a stronger aftermarket type that I wouldn't have to pull the head unit to install. JVC CD head unit. I get a hum when the engine is off, but the ignition is on ACC, too. Help me out!

k-roy
11-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Who cares? Its AM and its not the 1950s anymore.

zero.counter
11-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Yes, there is an in-line noise filter that plugs in between the 12V switched and the HU and has its' own ground. Retails for about $20 new.

offthahook
11-18-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by zero.counter
Yes, there is an in-line noise filter that plugs in between the 12V switched and the HU and has its' own ground. Retails for about $20 new.

Any name brands to suggest?? That's prolly the route I'll go.

danronian
11-18-2003, 07:15 AM
Yea mine is real bad also. I need the AM to hear what the temp is so gonna be so I'll know if it is going to be a slippery ride or not. Mine got alot worse after upgrading my stock headunit to a pioneer cd player. Does anyone know if these filters actually do anything? I really want AM again but not if my $20 is going to go to waste.

89 Accords Rock
12-24-2003, 05:42 AM
just re-ground your stereo amp and motor. thats what i did works awsome now. But the turbo sounding wond was pretty kewl!!!