PDA

View Full Version : recommendations

Grant2k
11-18-2003, 07:26 AM
i think this is asking for a lot but i'm not too into audio so i don't know. i am looking for 6 1/2s that can handle 70 watts RMS for a reasonable price. i have a 2 channel Pioneer amp that is 70 by 2 or 200 by one. right now i have it bridged and sending 200 watts to my old garage sale subs that don't sound so good anymore, and i want my trunk back. i am looking to run all the speakers off that amp unbridged so that all 4 6 1/2s are getting 70 watts. would i be ok with speakers that were 50 or 60 watts RMS if i'm not always blasting it? i don't really understand how amps work, as in how much power is being sent to the speakers at any given time. any help woule be appreciated. thanks.

also, i have a weird old head unit that has no pre-amps, so everything has to be amped somehow. as of now my front speakers are amped off of this shitty little 4 channel that goes with the head unit and i have no idea how many watts it it, but i know it blew the 15 watt stock speakers a long time ago and my stereo sounds like shit. i am looking to eliminate this amp from the equation, so this is why i want all the speakers to be able to handle the larger amp.