I've read the engine swap thread
and have only one question. To the
people who have done swaps in an
LX, what would you recommend?
Money is NOT an issue.
Thanx :bow:

PhydeauX
06-25-2002, 09:04 PM
Well in that case get a b18c type R or a h22a or maybe some sort of rediculously over powered b series turbo hybrid. But seriously if you want to go and do an efi conversion while you're at it then go for the b18c type R or one of the many hybrids. Use the place raceing stuff, maybe a turbo kit if you really have that much to spend on the car. Everyone has been over the h22a a million times but if you can have all the parts custom fabricated then go for it, it'll make a potent package. If you don't want to convert to efi and want something easy and decent get a non vtec b18a with the placeraceing kit pop a pair of side drafts on it and have fun.

andy

toastyghost
06-25-2002, 10:56 PM
Yeah go B18C5-R or CR-VTEC with a B18 head. Also the F20B (I think?) from the 4th-gen Accord SIR-T is pretty powerful as well. Something like 190 hp I think... I believe a complete F20B swap would cost around $3-4k (parts). Although as with any JDM motor, the aftermarket shit is going to be harder to come by. Personally I would do uber buildup on a JDM B20A if I had no cash limitations but that's mainly because I like the idea of having a bad-ass 3G with actual 3G parts, because it seems it would make it a bit more impressive not having much to work with. But that's just me...

A20A1
06-26-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Stefi-blueLX
...Money is NOT an issue.
Thanx :bow:

Wish I could say that :(