PDA

View Full Version : Look What i got for $ 50 ! ! !

Luis 89LXi
11-18-2003, 03:38 PM
I travel to the Yunk yards yesterday, I was serching for the rear brake setup, since my car was wrecked in the rear fender side,
somethings in the rear alignament was bent (mi car looks like that in the wheels: /--/ ) ,
i think it could be cheapest to get the whole cross member whit disks from SE-I.

OH surprise SE-i are very hard to find !!! i run almost 30 yard and just find 1 SE-i all rusted in the back were the brake setup is.

BUT IT HAVE A NICE CUPHOLDER, i pull it out and just cost me $10 bucks it just have a small crack in front but is almost no noticeable
, I buy a 4th Gen spoiler wing that cost $40.

Look at the pics:

Cupholder

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/luiszarate1986/cupholder.jpg

4th Gen Spoiler

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/luiszarate1986/spoiler.JPG

There still have the arm rest Tan color in good condition, i don't like the way it looks on coupes, for that reason i dont take it out,
They have another ? SE-i ? looks like it was LX-i someone just swaped all the interior parts from an SE-i,
it have the arm rest too but the cup holder is broken.

If someone wants to go there the yard is located Sout 10th Street , McAllen, TX.

P.S. I cannot find the rear disk setup, but i buy the whole rear suspencion (drums :( )here in mexico for $ 70 bucks, my car was handling so bad, hope this one works fine.

Luis

johndej
11-18-2003, 03:45 PM
nice find, go get the armrests and sell them on ebay for like $50 if no one on the board gets them.

k-roy
11-18-2003, 03:45 PM
You bastard, a $10 cupholder.
Did you get the pump I sent yet?

blazin3gen
11-18-2003, 03:47 PM
lucky man lucky!

Luis 89LXi
11-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Kevin i don't call to my cousin at Austin, TX, i will call him to ask about it.

Luis 89LXi
11-18-2003, 03:51 PM
I was thinking on getting the arm rest and try to sell them here, but i goes to U.S. just for one day, and the shipping from mexico will be killer.

Luis.

jagojon3
11-18-2003, 03:54 PM
nice stuff dude, make sure to post pics after you put that spoiler on!

jigga225
11-18-2003, 07:09 PM
yeah make sure you slam that 3G first

danronian
11-18-2003, 07:43 PM
Damn, I have been looking in the local junkyard for over a year and the only se-i was stripped of everything but the wheels. I want an armrest and cupholder so bad, but dont feel like paying $50 on ebay for it. For now the shifter and my stick on the dash cupholder will do me fine until I stumble across the se-i i'm looking for.

Luis 89LXi
11-18-2003, 08:06 PM
I just install the cup holder tonigth, Looks so nice !

I'll go buy a value meal at Mc Donalds and see how it works.

I have to wait until next week to take the spoiler to the shop, the man at the shop told me he has a bit of paint since last time he fix and paint the rear hit.

Luis 89LXi
11-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Hey danroninan

did you try to find the SEi on this link: www.car-part.com somebody post it a while ago and i found mine from this site. I made a search by rear rotors/drums and then SE-i and wuala !! theres a lot.

You should try and give them an call.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-20-2003, 04:03 PM
i have an extra arm rest with cup holder, its grey and the armrest cover is done, needs to be replaced, best offer!

k-roy
11-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Luis 89LXi
Hey danroninan

did you try to find the SEi on this link: www.car-part.com somebody post it a while ago and i found mine from this site. I made a search by rear rotors/drums and then SE-i and wuala !! theres a lot.

You should try and give them an call.

Yea I posted that link a couple of times. Very helpful. Its a national database of junkyards. I got tired of going to yards and having the guy at the counter say he does not have one but can get one for a price. I did a little bit of snooping and found it. That site cuts out the middleman, I dislike middlemen.

HondaBoy
11-26-2003, 11:45 PM
hmm, looks like you got some good stuff for good deal. that cup holder is kinda hard to find because they never leave them in the car. every SE-i i found it was already taken out. im probley going down to mcallen soon. its realy not too far from me, so i may go soon.

Luis 89LXi
11-28-2003, 04:56 PM
you should take a look at the broken coup holder maybe it could be fixed, i was a little hurry and i dint take time to look it good. the oldman at the yard is a nice guy.

They have the arm rest in both cars too and nice interior pieces. The rear disk setup is all rusted.

This is the only yard in the macallen area were i found SEi

Luis