PDA

View Full Version : problem redlining

89accordlxi
06-25-2002, 08:16 PM
OK, I guess I haven't been paying much attention, but tonight I noticed something. I don't know if the problem was caused by the CAI or my throttle body problem that I have been experiencing lately.(Fluctuating Tach in tech sect. if not fimiliar with my TB prob.)

Anyway, I am having problems reaching redline between shifts.
The car automatically shifts when it hits 5000-5500 rpm no matter how hard I stomp on the pedal. Before the CAI, I just had a short ram under the hood and I was shifting in the 6000-6500 rpm range.

I added the CAI and cleaned out my throttle body around the same time so I don't really know which is causing the problem. Maybe its a combination of the two, who knows???

Or....could it be the TV cable. I have also done some adjustments to that as well. Plus, I have also recently advanced my timing. Would that have anything to do with it???

Could it be a combination of all these things or is one or two of the above more likely to cause this problem that I am having.

Thanks for reading about my problem and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Peace....

toastyghost
06-25-2002, 10:36 PM
I think the problem is the gearbox. :D

ACCORD EX
06-26-2002, 11:05 AM
although i have a manual ! but i think your problem is not the CAI , throttle body or timing !

my bet is on the T.V cable ! after all it controls the shifting ! :)

MIKE

A20A1
06-26-2002, 11:32 PM
I can only get to higher rpms by holding the gear and manualy shifting the auto (ex. 2 for second gear, & D3 for third gear)... but for the 1st gear you'll only reach 5.5 even with the TV cable maxed.

fromerly89Exi
06-27-2002, 06:23 PM
every once in a while i can get my car to shift 1st to 2nd and reach 6 grand, usually only when the engine is not fully warmed and not all the time.

89accordlxi
06-27-2002, 07:40 PM
Hey, thanks for the replies..I went and adjusted the tv cable a little more tonight and I think I got it just about right. I can now reach about 5800-6000 rpm before the first shift....Much better than before.... I just love the roar of the muffler at those RPMS:D

Thanks y'all

I'm out