PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Thieves!!!

adams86lxi
11-18-2003, 10:28 PM
today, my mom woke me up to the news that my car had been broken into! I had just put my 850 watt amp my 2 10inch subs my pioneer deck my custom box and all my speakers in, about a month ago! They broke my passenger window, stole my amp, box,subs,about 24 cds and the face to my deck and they tried to take the cd deck! Im so mad i had just gotten this setup about a month ago, only a few people new about my system. The thing that bothers me is that they new what they were looking for. They didnt tutch any other cars then mine, if i were them my car would of been one of my last choices. I tried really hard to make my car look as if it has nothing in it too. Some one new about it. my friends civic was across the street, and everyone knows he has a huge system, but everyone also knew he has a alarm. Man im so pissed. Another reason why all of us with systems need to get a alarm!
:rant: :mad: :crying:

Bloodlust
11-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Yeah I am getting one pretty soon for that exact reason. Man if my system was ever stolen I would cry. Sorry to hear about that.

Blue Impact
11-18-2003, 11:05 PM
Guys getting an alarm to protect your systems, make sure to get a backup siren for your alarm.

Sorry about what happened to you, Adam.

kicker1_solo
11-18-2003, 11:10 PM
My guess is that it's somebody in your neighborhood or real close by that knows what you have.

adams86lxi
11-18-2003, 11:22 PM
yea, i was looking at alarms on ebay. Hopefully i will get one in the next few days. The only people i told were a few of my close friends that would never do any thing like that but some how the word got out that i had a new system. Maybe it was someone on one of the other blocks by me that heard it as i drove by them one day. I know it was someone farily close to me. I just miss my system!:crying:

adams86lxi
11-18-2003, 11:22 PM
grr. stupid double posts!

Cat3
11-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Make sure to never be bassin' out anywhere near home. I used to know a guy who had some friends that stole stuff like that... they'd hear a car's bass, then they'd follow them to their house, and come back later and steal the system components, and sell them cheap to get rid of them real quick.

turn the volume down, to a nice level, that other cars can't hear (and these 3 Gs don't insulate sound very well at all) several blocks from home.. and if you see a car that's been trailing you for a while, just take the long way home.

I'm not saying you were bassing out all up and down your block, but i just thought i'd share that advice.

Blue Impact
11-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Cat3
Make sure to never be bassin' out anywhere near home. I used to know a guy who had some friends that stole stuff like that... they'd hear a car's bass, then they'd follow them to their house, and come back later and steal the system components, and sell them cheap to get rid of them real quick.

turn the volume down, to a nice level, that other cars can't hear (and these 3 Gs don't insulate sound very well at all) several blocks from home.. and if you see a car that's been trailing you for a while, just take the long way home.

I'm not saying you were bassing out all up and down your block, but i just thought i'd share that advice.

I agree. Damn, even I turn down the volume when entering the hood that I live in. That's just how much I fear having my stock deck and discman car kit stolen out of my car. I even have an alarm too. :D

bobafett
11-19-2003, 12:19 AM
i had my shit jacked and then i gutted my car and bought an alarm. :D

MattsAccord
11-19-2003, 12:30 AM
I got my shit jacked well my camera. But it was in someone elses car.

Mike89Accordcom
11-19-2003, 12:33 AM
well when you first buy a car, stock or not you should have an alarm. I've had 5 attempts on my Accord, no one has gotten in. Beacuse of my alarm. But ya might have been someone who knew ya. I always wondered if I knew these people who tried on my car. Thats real shitty. I feel bad for ya.

Dustin Imports
11-19-2003, 06:34 AM
bolt that bitch down,a nd jb weld huge fish hooks to the back...if i ever get a box/sub..thats what im doing...the theives crys for help will be my alarm.

Drew

POS carb
11-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by bobafett
i had my shit jacked and then i gutted my car and bought an alarm. :D

me too. It's not worth losing your shit and then wondering why you never bought an alarm.
if you are reading this and don't have one, get one!!! It's only like $100 for a good one and the best shit about them is the convenience of keyless entry

I bought an Alpine SEC100 on ebay and I love it, the LED is bright blue and it has a 2-stage siren, soft chirps and loud panic/alarm, and it doesn't do any of that stupid 6-tone stuff, it's just loud. My friends say it sounds like a BMW alarm but I think Bimmers sound more like digital microwaves

hkplayer
11-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Any other reliable alarms to consider buying?

Also, is it possible to buy one for one car, then move it over to another car in the future?

bobafett
11-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by hkplayer
Any other reliable alarms to consider buying?

Also, is it possible to buy one for one car, then move it over to another car in the future?

i have a viper 850xv.... its a little spendier,but still nice...
dual stage external shock sensor and like 6 aux inputs for remote start hacth pop etc...

and yes u can take an alarm to a different car. :D

AccordArizona89
11-19-2003, 11:04 AM
were do you guys live, in the bronx? in pheonix its not as bad to old cars. but they go for bentlys hummers and jags they bout that

od2681
11-19-2003, 12:08 PM
when you replace urt ssytem..dont tell anyone abou it...trust on ly the closest friends and dont bang ur system inside or around ur neighorhood

hkplayer
11-19-2003, 12:41 PM
I actually have a friend who recently experienced a break-in for his system even when equipped with an alarm! How is that possible? I didnt ask for the details since I felt bad, but I mean, was the thief just fast or something?

adams86lxi
11-19-2003, 01:15 PM
i try never to play my system loud whenever im around any neighborhoods. but when im driving i usually play it kinda loud. Maybe someone heard it at a stop sign or something and followed me home and stopped at the end of the street to see wheir i lived and then came back later to take it.I dont think i would of noticed if someone was following me home or not. Its the opposite with my friend he dosent play his system loud till he gets in a neigborhood, Just to show off. Hes lucky they didnt break into his car. Last night i went to radio shack and got a little red led light that blinks and runs on 2 double aa batteries for 3.49$ and i put it in the center and hid the wires,wheir a car alarm would normally be, so it looked like a alarm . This is just temporarry,i just put it their just incase they tried to come back tonight, and maybe it would scare them away.

Blue Impact
11-19-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by hkplayer

Good Guys and Best Buys, you know those big name electronic stores do that. If you buy an alarm from them, they'll put a lifetime warranty on the brain and they will take out the alarm and put it in a different in the future if you want that. Also, Wal-Mart is now selling the Original Autolock. I highly recommend that. :D

adams86lxi
11-20-2003, 04:05 PM
i have another question i dont have any money right now. since i had just dropped all my money into the system right before it was stolen. I was looking for a alarm for the car. Me and my dad will install it ourselves so i just need to find one for 50$ or less. Is their any half decent alarm that i could put in my car for 50$ or less. Im hoping to order one today. BTW: it can be off ebay too. Thanks

PortugalFocus
11-20-2003, 04:45 PM
not really, not for under $50.... I'd spend $100-150 to get a decent alarm. the Viper and Python are good ones. I've owned both and been very happy. Just take pics of your car and the system you have in it, and very importantly, SAVE RECIPTS!! I've had my sytem stole out of my old Accord and my old Civic. I had pics of the amp subs and headunit. Get model numbers, that's very important, but the most important thing to remember when taking pictures is make sure it's boled down. If it's not insurance will not reimburse you for a dime. Because I took my pics of the Amp and Subs and the headunit bolted down with brackets and screws, I got retail value for them. That was great because I never paid retail for them. So I went and got better stuff.

I am your hookup for car stereo stuff.

crwa
11-20-2003, 09:20 PM
I really doubt it was someone you know... People go around and look for cars to take, more then likeyl someone heard your bass or was checkin cars in your neighborhood, looked in your and saw the deck and if you don't ahve an alarm teh your stuff is as good as gone. There's nothing to stop someone espically when all they have to do is pop the top of the window and unlock the door ansd then there in. And honestly once your inside the car all you have to do is look around for the speakers and the subs. I'm sure they drove up and loaded everything into a car cause no that many people can just walk off with a sub book.

There;s people that make a living off stolen parts and this is nothing new. But the best thign to save your stuff in an alarm, people won't touch cars with them... just be glad they didn't take the whole car...

I'm not worried about mine, and I have all the stuff people go after, and I know people that take cars and no one that we know will touch a car with an alarm, even if its a stock one from the factory, its to hard to get around them, because as soon as it goes off at 2 in the morning people are awake and runnin out with guns... I almost ran some friends off the road because the set my alarm off, and I dind't know it was them, so I got in my dad's truck and ran them down in there car and nearly killed the, but then I saw it wa them and beat there ass's the next day.

Bottom line, get an alarm and have an indicator light for it...

Blue Impact
11-20-2003, 10:22 PM
You don't wanna install the alarm yourself unless you really know what you're doing. For $50 or less, I'd say get one from ebay, but the sad thing about that is that there is no warranty or anything like that so good luck doing whatever you plan on doing.

accordlxi2.0
11-21-2003, 11:46 AM
i got a bull dog security alarm for about $70-80.
it come's with a lifetime warranty.
keyless entry.
2-stage impact sensor.
auto lock/unlock and arm/unarm.
auto lock/unlock with car on/off.
turn's on dome light's and parking light's for 30 sec.
starter disabler.
currant sensor, so when the trunk or another door is open the alarm goes off.
for us lxi/sei guy's cooling fan by pass sensor.(when car off but cooling fan running)
it's pretty easy to install. where you need to connect too, is at the driver's kick panel.
as annoying the 6-tone siren is, it sounds louder and different from my parent's.

Don87LX
11-24-2003, 06:38 AM
I cought a guy actually in my trunk trying to steal my stuff (and I only run a small awia head unit and two 6 inch sony speakers!) Slamming the trunk on their legs generally gets the point across.

Dustin Imports
11-24-2003, 06:40 AM
fish hooks baby fish hooks...

or 12 gauge