PDA

View Full Version : brake lamp...

89AccordExi
06-25-2002, 08:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone has encounterd this problem...

all my brake lights are working fine but the brake lamp indicator still glows red inside...at the lower left corner where the gauge indicators are...

how do u fix this problem...is it the wiring at the back or is it the wiring at the front below the dash??

any suggestions....

HostileJava
06-26-2002, 06:17 AM
Mine started doing that after I put a neon light around my liscence plate. Even though all the filaments light the brake light still comes on, and If i go smack the back of the assamble it's good for a couple of day's then it comes back, I think I must have some electrical leakage or somthing.

staticpat
06-26-2002, 06:24 AM
that just happened to me yesterday too, it went on and off, now its always on, and all the lights are fine.

89AccordNate
06-26-2002, 06:47 AM
If the one on the little car silhouette is on, then thats what the car thinks is a bulb. If its not a bulb, then check the connections on the bulbs..sometimes they can get a little rusty or caked up. (remember our cars are 13 years old or more). Just clean the connections and see if that helps. Also if you put a lower voltage bulb in there (like leds) then the car wont recognize there is even a bulb in there..therefore giving you the light.

If its the one on the top of the dash that turns on with the e-brake, and your e-brake isnt on, then your brake fluid is low. The brake fluid resevoir has 2 wires going into it to tell you when its low...so cut them if you dont wanna know about it..haha.

Nate.

89AccordExi
06-26-2002, 01:20 PM
and if that doesnt work then what can i do??

TeKKnoTeKK
06-26-2002, 01:30 PM
also check the e-brake....if that is slightly pulled up that light will come on I think.

phatazzDX
06-28-2002, 08:04 AM
I get the little "brake lamp" indicator too. The light on the driver side closest to the licence plate and under the reverse light was not working. The parking light lit but no break light. I even bought a light assy from the junk yard, it still didn't work....must be a bad wire somewhere. So I jumped a wire from the passenger side to the driver side break light and it works now. The "break lamp" indicator in the dash went out, for about an hour. It is now lit again, but I have all my break lights working finally. I would like to dissable that idiot light, it drives me nuts.

88Ex-i
06-30-2002, 05:24 PM
mine stays on all the time, cause I wired in my led from my spoiler. I didnt want to have too many brake lights, so I disconnected the one on the back window. Now, it stays on all the time, cause it thinks the bulb is out. I just have to figure out how to get the light on the dash to stay off, and to keep the window brake light off.

89AccordExi
07-01-2002, 12:07 PM
so if u guyz figure it out let me knw...its buggin me...

pimp86LX
07-02-2002, 07:17 PM
mine does that too...its off till ii press the breaks....the 1st time then it won't go out, even though the lights do

offthahook
07-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Guess what? Mine does it, too. My dad and I checked it and they were all fine. There are 4 lamps in the taillights and the one on the rear window. I have a spoiler with LED's so that could be it, but it doesn't stay on all the time. Must just be an old Accord thing like rust, the power antenna, the main relay on FI cars... :wtf: I may change out the bulbs just to be sure one isn't dimmming or something.

staticpat
07-03-2002, 03:48 PM
crap i feel dumb. one of my filaments was out on my brakelight, but not both. hehe, all good now.