PDA

View Full Version : something is wrong with my alarm. help me

Cheeseburger
11-19-2003, 04:53 PM
my alarm stop woking today in the morning. the horn stop working. the led dosent blink any more it just stays on. i bought this alarm in may in 02. its a audiovox prestige platnum model aps-155. dose any one know what is wrong with it. the taillights and conor lights, the key less entery works also, it locks and unlocks. the only thing is the god dam horn. and another thing that dosent work is when you activate the alarm and when you hit the car to try to make it go off the tails and the corner lights dont even blink. can eny one help me. :sadwave: :( :sadwave: :( :sadwave:

TJ89Accord
11-19-2003, 05:37 PM
It is in valet mode. There should be a switch that was installed somewhere under the dash or maybe in the fuse box. It will be a little metal switch. When you find that switch, put the key in the ignition, and turn it to on, but don't start it, then flip the switch. It should beep or something. turn the car off and hit a button on the alarm and see if it works. If it didn't, turn it back on and flip the switch again the other way. Good luck. Anymore questions feel free to ask.

tim

Cheeseburger
11-22-2003, 11:40 AM
hey thanks for the help. know its back to normal. :bow: :bow: :bow:

TJ89Accord
11-22-2003, 10:32 PM
no problem, wow i finally helped someone on the board :). My mission is now complete :). Any problems with alarms im pretty good with, I worked at an install shope for a little while, but lost my job cause they closed down (due to years of poor management) :(.

tim

Cheeseburger
11-25-2003, 06:45 AM
how did you learn. did you go to school