PDA

View Full Version : accidents

bobsaccord
11-19-2003, 05:21 PM
ever got in an accident?..if so explain..injuries?..total ur car?...ur fault or theres?...how much it cost to fix and what broke?:huh:

k-roy
11-19-2003, 05:30 PM
I rolled a new car once. It was my mom's 97 Chevy Lumina. I had to swerve to miss a deer and put the front right into a ditch and then it fliped sideways once. $13,000 in repairs to a $20,000 car. Ouch. I was ok except for the damn airbag knocked my ass out. I went back to the same place in my 3G and took the hill 20mph faster and swerved in the same fashion and it handled it like a champ. Chevy needs to take some lessons from Honda on suspensions.

MrBen
11-19-2003, 05:32 PM
I rolled into a BMW X5, did minor damage to my trunklid, no damage to the BMW. No insurance claim either. Trunklid is fixed now.... cost me about 20 bucks to get it fixed.

k-roy
11-19-2003, 05:34 PM
How did you manage that one ghetto? I am guessing the yuppie was way too close and you rolled back because you have a stick. I would have made that guy pay in that situation.

MrBen
11-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Nah it was my fault. It was my first accident and I wasn't thinking. I'd just pulled up to a stoplight and it was on an incline and I let it roll back too far.

TJ89Accord
11-19-2003, 05:41 PM
I hit a curb and they totalled my car. Insurance didn't even pay off what I owed on the loan. Then a month later I rear ended a lady in a car that my brother just gave me (POS Toyota Cressida), I had no insurance, no registration, and no inspection. That sucked... One more payment of $119 to the lawyer and that ladys car damage is payed off...

tim

BMS
11-19-2003, 06:03 PM
The only thing that I have ever hit was a great big fat dirt hill...I was screwing around in my old car (Toyota Tercels had push-button AWD!) and I came around a gravel corner on a logging road too fast and lost the back end. I did almost a 180, and burried the front passenger side in a dirt embankment. Not too much damage, but it was so much fun.

johndej
11-19-2003, 06:12 PM
hmm..... backed into a guy going the wrong way on a one lane part of our school road. i was pulling out of my assigned spot and gave a quick look behind me and to the right, and didn't see anyone coming the right way so as i was pulling back, we kinda both hit eachother (me backing into him, him getting me coming on). it left a little dent on his car and hardly a thing on the accord and since we didn't want to call the cops and have our insurance go up we left it at that.

shepherd79
11-19-2003, 06:46 PM
got rear ended about month ago by 91 buick regal. My car is totaled. Buick didn't even had a scratch.
I paid $1400 for my car 4 years ago, and i got $2000 from insurance.

hkplayer
11-19-2003, 06:51 PM
Well, one night I swerved and I hit the side of a wall of a brick building. I totalled the front left end, or was it right end (I try not to remember) - of my dad's 2000 cr-v in 2001. Total cost of repairs was 16,000. Certainly something I try to forget even if it is in the past. That cr-v is alive and well now of course and I hope the family keeps it until it dies since I feel forever indebted to it. Gotta love those Hondas ;)

accordlxi2.0
11-19-2003, 08:38 PM
the other day i had the garage door opened and i parked in between.
i though i had space so i went to back up and bamn i was like oh shit.
got out and looked the garage paint was scrped and kinda dented but my car was a-okay.

blazin3gen
11-19-2003, 08:43 PM
i hit a 00 Hyundai Elantra? right smack on the door with the other accord i had nothing happened to the accord but a bent license plate, the dumb bitch i hit didnt ask me for shit (driving with a permit shhhhhhh :D) just a phone number..dumbass and plus it wasnt my fault i was coming, turning right into this street and the bitch gunned it from the left thats when i hit her

ShawnS
11-19-2003, 08:47 PM
i wrecked my VW last winter on black ice. i put the brakes on too hard at a red light, did a 180 and hit the island that seperates the right hand turn lane from the through lane sideways and rolled onto my side.

it's pretty hard to climb out of a car that way. anyways, some drunk people came by and flipped the car back over. one wheel was turned halfway while the other is straight. rough ride home with no side windows. split my thumbnail in half.

MIK3
11-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Well, since I have been driving, I am fortunate to say I have never been in anything remotely close to an accident. I have had one close call on a stupidass who didn't see me coming as they made a u-turn. I had to slam on the brakes, and skidage was a factor. Other than that. It has been smooth sailing for me.

MrBen
11-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by MIK3_DX_STYLE
Well, since I have been driving, I am fortunate to say I have never been in anything remotely close to an accident. I have had one close call on a stupidass who didn't see me coming as they made a u-turn. I had to slam on the brakes, and skidage was a factor. Other than that. It has been smooth sailing for me.

Your day will come. It happened to me, and I never thought it would- I am a good driver.

chriskatana
11-20-2003, 05:34 AM
let me see:
Slid into a metal post in my 91 Mazda 323, at about 50mph, I hit it just in front of the drivers front tire, it pushed the suspension back to the back of the fender well, broke the axle and bent the A-arm. replaced the fender, axle and suspension parts... no insurance, about $300 in parts.

Hit a deer in the same car 4 years later. completely smashed the front end. had to replace the same drivers fender, the hood radiator and upper radiator support. no insurance, total I probably spent about $800 in parts, but got new wheels from the JunkYard with all that.
I was driving my cousin's 89 mustang while I was getting my car back together and I put his car into a ditch, no damage, i was making a hard right turn at the crest of a hill, too fast, lost the back end and nosed into a ditch.

Hit a dog on my 2001 Suzuki Katana and went into a ditch at 45 Mph. The shop quoted $6500 to repair it, insurance toatled it out, so I got a check for $5k. Broke my right hand ripped my left thumb out of socket and a little road rash on my right leg. Left hand still f*&%ed up.
Before and after pics of the bike wreck at:
http://chriskatana.50megs.com/

I think that covers it.

TJ89Accord
11-20-2003, 05:57 PM
chriskatana thats shitty about the bike. Ive had some pretty close calls on my bike.