PDA

View Full Version : A/C compresser

AdAm88lxi
11-19-2003, 05:49 PM
For the longest time my a/c would only kick on when it felt like it, the the damn thing started squealing when i turned it on, so when i was putting my intake on this weekend I noticed the damn compresser was missing some bolts and was rattling arround! :wtf: Anyone else ever had this happen?

hkplayer
11-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Mine squeakes when its on but it works when I press for it to. Perhaps I should be cautious of the squeaking then.

k-roy
11-19-2003, 07:24 PM
The squeaking is probably from a bad or loose belt.

Vinny
11-20-2003, 05:46 AM
If it only kicks on sometimes and not others and now it has a bad squeal and the belts properly adjusted I would say your compressor clutch is toast. If you have a volt meter start the car turn the AC on and if the compressor clutch doesn't engage pull the wire off the compressor and check for 12 volts, if its there then you have a bad clutch. As far as the missing bolt thing my sedan's compressor was just hanging in the bracket for the most part, but it was bad so i assume someone was going to replace it and decided fuck it and just left it hanging. I doubt that the 2 (the compressor missing bolts and AC not working)are Directly related in your case